Coffee's ready...

Here's another I took a few years back, on a boardwalk through a bog.

Very nice. I'd like to make a path through our woods along the Butternut Creek. I've considered just taking some of that fake grass and laying that down. I see it forsale on CL lots of times. I figure it will help kill the weeds and can be replaced after they're dead.

Again that is very nice. Do you print your photos? We have a guy at the farmers market who sell his.

Morning People,
Just stopping by see how everyone is doing. We were hit with a hard frost about a week ago, now the chickens and turkeys are enjoying the aftermath. Beets, kale and carrots still doing good. Greens and spinach are up. I need to water them all, it's been dry.

I broke down and put a split heat pump in the shop this week. I am wondering how much it will increase our electic uasge. If the usage is acceptable, I'll put one in the house. Cut back on the wood burning ( 4 - 5 cords/yr) and oil burning (~230 galons/yr).

Enjoy your day

Kaj

Hey there cold here. No wood stove though. Will be running a cord to the only hoop without heat, since I have a broody hen in there and she's hatched out some chicks. I have another hen on eggs but I'm not hopeful. It's a long story. Anyhow one that did hatch is a maran and I'm hoping a rooster if you can believe that.

DW had a nerve block yesterday and I hope it helps. She's another scheduled next month. We're both tired of her being down. Garden is done but I never thought to toss the kale to the chickens. Have a few squash that the mice nibbled on for them but holding off.

There is a molt going on so not so many eggs as I need.

Saw some discounted Blue Berry bushes and considering putting in at least one. I've been picking some raspberries still. Just a few for DW.

Going to plant some garlic too. Not that we need much, but just in case.

Rain the next few days, but the work still needs to be done. Missed the last couple days of really nice weather. Not anxious to pull the hoses in that's for sure.

Good morning chicken wranglers,
Just dropped in to wish you all a great new year, May God bless your endeavors,watch over, protect ,and bless you,your family ,and friends all through the upcoming year!!
sincerely
Karl E. Lutz

Hey all, busy these days, with DW and work. I took a part time job in a Deli. I like it somewhat, but they're down two people so I'm getting more hours than I'd anticipated. I 'll survive.

DW is to have a PET scan tomorrow to see how the radiation did and then they'll make plans for more Chemo.

So I did stop in for another reason. Non chicken topic.

I don't like our toilet seat as it's stained by the cleaner and yuk. What do you recommend?

Too, looking to switch toilet to a dual flush system. What do you recommend.

Been to Consumer reports but not a subscriber yet, so can't get any information from them.

thanks.

rancher

Back
Top Bottom