Crochet "Chat"

Very nice. I would definitely agree with the heat thing. Dry heat is much more tolerable than humid heat! Very nice blanket.

Interesting. This is what I would imagine. In my search, I found that etsy sellers are selling their blankets for $40!!! That is just the cost of the raw materials! Anyways. I have also talked to a few friends who have carved little niches out in the market. For example, one of my old advisers would crochet small white christening/baby blessing blankets and make a decent profit.

I was wondering if local high schoolers' parents would be willing to buy a large afghan in the school colors. Maybe for a Christmas gift… Marketing wise, you could help them see the value by showing the price of the quilt in comparison to the years it would be used at high school. (A $200 afghan used over 4 years would only be $50 per year).

Thanks! The orange and blue are my HS colors as well as my sons' (different schools). I call it the Team Colors Lap Blanket. I have it with the bonus coasters for $39.95 on our site, so you're right about the prices they're offering them for. Took probably $18 in yarn, I think, and lots of hours of crochet. Not any real profit there.

Working on this pinafore right now. Ladyhawk makes them and I thought I'd try it with this 50/50 cotton/acrylic yarn from Hobby Lobby. I don't have enough of it to finish it and there isn't a Hobby Lobby near me so I'll have to find a coordinating yarn for the bottom, maybe in a deeper pink. I have some but it's 100% acrylic, not a blend like this one.

ETA: I decided to forgo a few rows so I could get it done with the yarn I had. Still need to buy some cute buttons for the yoke on the back and sew up the back seam up to the yoke.

ETA, again:

Finished the pinafore and added buttons, sewed up the seam to the yoke, though not really sure which is the back and which is the front, lol. Been a long time since I had a baby and I only had sons anyway.

Last edited:

Now for the shelled border!

There is so much time, if you resolved to make one square a day you could finish on time. You could just make the same squares since everyone will only receive one of each. So pick your colors and go for it.
old.gif

ps. Priority boxes make it easy to send and receive your squares. Start putting change in a jar and I bet you'll have enough by finish time.
wink.png

And if you have a good enough stash of bits you can probably do nearly all w/ stash. I've been having fun seeing what stash will work w/ each other.

i tried it but keep coming ups with the wrong no. of stitches in the cycle part. I will try again in a couple of days maybe.

I was having trouble w/ that at first too. I solved it by making the first one of the new round (the 3 single stitches to make a double) one of the singles. You know how every round is repeating sets 2-1, or 2-1-1 or 2-1-1-1 etc.... instead I stated doing the sets as 1-2, 1-1-2, 1-1-1-2 Hope that makes sense.

Here are the ones I've done so far

Oh I would love it, but I hardly have time for anything these days. I have a couple more years of toddler chasing before I get any real free time to myself again probably. I work on my chicken for about ten minutes a night before I pass out waiting for the other 1/2 to get home from work at 11. I miss my crafts though! That's why I got the potholder book, low commitment. Ha ha. I have been working on a granny square type afghan for about 5 years, a bedspread size, done in 4 inch squares of solid colors going around in a diamond pattern, similar to an "Around The World" quilt. and since we moved I have not made one square for it. Squares are really fun.

Making motifs is fun, putting them together not so much! lol

Back
Top Bottom