d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

I do not know about the lacing. :confused:

This is only my second year with d'anver chicks, but I sex them by the comb. If it gets way bigger and brighter pink and red first, then it is a male.

Where did you get yours, and what colors are they?

Last edited:
I do not know about the lacing. :confused:

This is only my second year with d'anver chicks, but I sex them by the comb. If it gets way bigger and brighter pink and red first, then it is a male.

Where did you get yours, and what colors are they?

They were marked quail colored but im sure they are pet quality since I got them at a feed store

I am joining the cool kids d'Anvers club, after getting some hatching eggs from Boggy Bottom Bantams shipped to California! Five of the nine eggs hatched, but I did put them under an unexperienced hen, and I think the other hen I have also bumped eggs out of the nest a couple times while fighting to lay eggs in her FAVORITE nest box. I'm hoping as many as possible are hens, but I might have some extra d'Anver roos that need re-homing in California if anyone is looking!
Here's my favorite pic of the hen and the first chick to hatch, mille fleur color.

what a great picture...how adorable! I am in CA but i DONT need any roosters sorry! I hatched some of their eggs too. i think 8 or 9 out of 12 hatched and we got 3 girls i think....i kept one girl and my friend got the others. My girl Cricket is broody now for first time. i let my first timer bantam cochins hatch just last week...3 hens broody at once....so not inclined to do that again so soon darn it!

Back
Top Bottom