d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Cynthia, just wondering does Ladyhawk live close to Lexington.

thumbsup.gif
Goldnecks

idunno.gif
Came out of Silver Quail, Columbian?

LRoach711 came and got Sam today so I am down to just Aubrey and his son, Spike. Poor Spike is so confused and so is Maura. Maura and Sam were a pair and Spike was with Leah, the pullet who died a few weeks ago when she had that strangely broken leg. Ladyhawk will be taking Maura when she comes in a few weeks, so I hope Spike can find a new home before then. He was so stressed out yesterday and today, being separated with Sam, then Sam leaving and him going back in the coop with Maura.
It was great meeting y'all! We love little Sam! He's not really sure what to think about all the excitement of the day but hopefully he'll settle in quickly!

He'll chill and be happy when he sees he's getting some beautiful ladies of his very own. He was mating the head hen here until she went broody, lol. Aubrey didn't appreciate it and neither did Carly! Glad you could come take him to a new home. He'll produce some gorgeous chicks for you, I'm sure!

Last edited:
That is so generous, but I'm sure I'll have the go-ahead to get a new one in a couple of days. There were 3 that were total losses, but they are trying to clean mine since it was furtherest from the fire (though it was still black with soot inside). Just a minor inconvenience. Will be here for at least a month to six weeks, depending on how it all goes. Thanks for the offer, though, Robert!

Glad you are able to stay on your property Cyn.

It could be worse, you could have kids in that motorhome with you!
lau.gif

WOO HOO JJ, 2 more goldnecks have arrived. I am still working to see if any of these due to hatch this weekend are goldnecks.

Congrats, to Lauren for getting Sam, I have girls for you, just let me know when you want to come get them.

Hey, you folks who know some genetics-can you check out these photos on my thread that no one has answered yet and see what you think of Mouse?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...in-chick-pics-video-breeder-input-desired-plz

He/she is holding the other two back, at 3 weeks old with hardly any feathering and as tiny as the day she hatched. Aimee has the other two heathens and she may abandon this one if she doesn't grow a feather so she isn't cold all the time. She seems to be eating, drinking and doing chickie things just fine, not going downhill, but, well, just see for yourself. There are pics and a short video

WOO HOO JJ, 2 more goldnecks have arrived. I am still working to see if any of these due to hatch this weekend are goldnecks.

Congrats, to Lauren for getting Sam, I have girls for you, just let me know when you want to come get them.

I'll get in touch with you by the end of this week to let you know when I can come :) Thanks again! I'm very excited!

Back
Top Bottom