d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

The little half-pint male is still kicking butt around here. He's amazingly tough and independent. Today my cat was messing around and watching the chickens as he always does, my livestock guardian cat, LOL. He got up and was walking away when that little Rusty3 chased after him. Poor Finn was completely oblivious. When the little snot realized he was getting too far from the others and out in the open, he turned and ran back to the group, but he was about to flog that disappearing orange-striped tail. Good D'Anver rooster-in-training!

I do need these to have new homes soon. I can't have five males in with six hens. The little guy is free, only $1 each for the other two, but if you beg, I might just hand you whichever you want for free anyway. They really need to go before winter and be snug in their new flock. The feather legged one is sweet, more to the D'Uccle temperament that gave him those throwback fuzzy legs than the D'Anver attitude. The largest one just avoids being caught but isn't a flogging mini-chicken (at least, not yet).

Last edited:
What do you think on these two? I think they may both be pullets. Pretty sure on the Milli. I thought at first the porcelain might be a bit, but now I'm doubting that. There are 5-6 weeks old now.

Hi all, I have a question regaring one of my d anver juvies............one of them has feather stubble on it's legg...............I thought they were clean legged, muffed/beard and rose comb only? Is this thing a rare occurrence that happens every now and then(the feather stubbles)?

thanks, appreciate your guys insight

Hi all, I have a question regaring one of my d anver juvies............one of them has feather stubble on it's legg...............I thought they were clean legged, muffed/beard and rose comb only? Is this thing a rare occurrence that happens every now and then(the feather stubbles)?

thanks, appreciate your guys insight

If the color was created from D'Uccles, that's where it came from. I have one hen with feather stubs on the outside of both legs, no feathers just the stubs in a row down her legs. She produces a percentage of like kind chicks, mostly the males. Some have stubs only but some have full on feathers like this one. And some are just clean legged, but it's mostly the pullets since those tend to take after their sires, both of mine being completely clean legged.

Other pics from today-the half pint male is still doing well, just half normal size.

The half pint below is the cleanest legged male out of Aimee. If not for his size, he'd be fine as a breeder, and I guess he still would if you don't mind teensier than normal D'Anvers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom