d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

I am not a d'anvers Pro by any means, (more recently) successfully rearing all 35 chicks from Boggy Bottom Bantams last year. I have raised other breeds of (tiny) bantam chicks over several decades. Your baby should do fine with Purina Chick Starter (the only company that I have used). Supplying warm/stable temperatures, and clean drinking water is perhaps more critical at this point.

Baby bantams are soooooooooo cute!

Purina chick starter is super fine, much finer than my Tucker Milling (and, well, smellier, too). My D'anvers have only had Tucker Milling and they do just fine. I mean, chickens eat pebbles for grit, right? You'd be amazed what any chicken will swallow. I think any chick starter is fine enough for any chick.

Here's two pictures of my Barbu d'Anver rooster
At the Irish national show

Is there a difference in male and female chicks of this variety they look just one color to me. The standard black with a Brown or red Brown face

Which color do you mean?

I weighed Penny and Carly today on my postal scale, no one else would stand there long enough. Penny was 23 oz. but Carly was only 17.5 oz! She is super tiny, always has been, but she is a tough little gal.

Back
Top Bottom