Dog lovers - post pics of your dogs!

All the dogs are so pretty, thanks to everyone for sharing.

I especially liked the grey faced labby mix.
big_smile.png

Here's our newest addition, Jaxon. He's a German Short-Haired Pointer. He's the biggest camera hog too! The white stuff on his left cheek was cream we put on some road-rash he had when he found us. Hard to believe he was kicked out of a truck. He's such a good boy.

13488_jaxs_first_photo.jpg

I told you he was a camera hog!

13488_jax_in_hat.jpg

Here's Grace, our only girl (dog). She thinks she's the prettiest boxer in the world. And honestly, I can't argue with her!

13488_beautiful_grace.jpg

And here's the rest of our pack - Caleb (fawn boxer) and Chase (as in Utley - the black shepherd mix)

13488_photo-0093.jpg

Quote:
When my first one passed, my husband suggested burying her but I put a stop to that idea pretty quick. She'd have hated to have been left outside! When she heard the 'O' word she would trot in the opposite direction and lay down, because she knew I couldn't lift her. We had her cremated and she's by the bed. I had no intention of ever getting a Bloodhound, until I met her at the pound. She had me sold in under 30 seconds. She walked over to me and put her head on my shoulder and sighed (I was crouching down, she wasn't quite that huge!). Then she rolled over, and got her paw around the back of my neck while I was scratching her belly. I told her i'd be back when the week was up!

She liked to stand up on her back legs and drink out of water fountains and sinks. On one occasion I came home and found a wrapper for a french loaf in the middle of the living room floor, along with a few crumbs. I kicked myself for leaving it on the counter where she could reach it, and forgot about it. Several hours later I was fishing around down the side of the sofa for the remote, and felt something horribly slimey. She had saved half for later and buried it!

They certainly have quite different needs to most breeds, I think they're worth it but unfortunately a lot do end up in rescues when people don't know what they're letting themselves in for.

It's funny how their name is misconceived too. I had a potential landlady tell me that she was sorry, they couldn't allow dangerous dogs
roll.png

Lol, dogs are such opportunists. My Akita once grabbed an entire frozen roast (it was a big one too) off the counter that was defrosting when we made a quick run to the corner store. Had it all gone before we got home and we weren't gone for 1/2 hour plus it was still very frozen.
smile.png

There isn't a Beverly Hills spoiled pooch that wouldn't jump on the opportunity to enjoy a fresh poo snack.
tongue.png

Ok, so now is my turn.
We have three dogs, Otis, Gus and Luna and one foster dog, Bana.
Otis and Bana are Basenjis, Gus is a dachshund and Luna is Schnorkie, aka glorified mutt.

Here is a picture of Otis, Gus and Bana (left to right)
11732_img_2666.jpg

This is Luna, she is hiding in the monkey grass...or so she thinks..we can see her..LOL
11732_img_1863.jpg

Here is one of Gus by himself, posing so very pretty.
11732_gus.jpg

Otis my new love, he is a 6 mo old Brindle/white Basenji and he is gorgeous..I think.
11732_img_2628.jpg

Last but absolutely not least our two dogs that just crossed the Rainbow Bridge..
Bogus, Westie, he lived to be 12yrs, passed at the end of March
11732_bogus.jpg

and darling Lou, a Dalmation/Lab/Chowchow mutt, he passed exactly 4 weeks on the day after his best bud Bogus, in April
11732_lou.jpg

Quote:
When my first one passed, my husband suggested burying her but I put a stop to that idea pretty quick. She'd have hated to have been left outside! When she heard the 'O' word she would trot in the opposite direction and lay down, because she knew I couldn't lift her. We had her cremated and she's by the bed. I had no intention of ever getting a Bloodhound, until I met her at the pound. She had me sold in under 30 seconds. She walked over to me and put her head on my shoulder and sighed (I was crouching down, she wasn't quite that huge!). Then she rolled over, and got her paw around the back of my neck while I was scratching her belly. I told her i'd be back when the week was up!

She liked to stand up on her back legs and drink out of water fountains and sinks. On one occasion I came home and found a wrapper for a french loaf in the middle of the living room floor, along with a few crumbs. I kicked myself for leaving it on the counter where she could reach it, and forgot about it. Several hours later I was fishing around down the side of the sofa for the remote, and felt something horribly slimey. She had saved half for later and buried it!

They certainly have quite different needs to most breeds, I think they're worth it but unfortunately a lot do end up in rescues when people don't know what they're letting themselves in for.

It's funny how their name is misconceived too. I had a potential landlady tell me that she was sorry, they couldn't allow dangerous dogs
roll.png

I really, really did not want a Bloodhound. One of my husband's cousins breeds them and had puppies for sale. My husband wanted one and I said, absolutely not. I went on the internet to back up my theory that a Bloodhound would be the wrong dog for us. And after everything I read, I ended up convincing myself that it was the perfect dog for us.

We'll have had ours a year this weekend and I can't imagine life without her.

Back
Top Bottom