Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

So we ate out this afternoon since we had to hit the hardware store. Some people sitting behind us were talking about chickens and how rooster are always mean so you have to be careful. I told them they should get rid of the rooster and ask around because there are so many good ones that people are willing to give away to get them an actual home

So we ate out this afternoon since we had to hit the hardware store. Some people sitting behind us were talking about chickens and how rooster are always mean so you have to be careful. I told them they should get rid of the rooster and ask around because there are so many good ones that people are willing to give away to get them an actual home

I've got two he can have ;)

You put up a sign that says
Please look up and to the left you see that shiny ribbon on the limb that tells me windage at your head if you turn around and look along a line back from where you came from there are more just like that for the same reason
this is my foreign range you have stepped into. And the best shot I have done is well past where you came onto this property the only chance you have now is to pray I haven't seen you but I doubt that! You have already triggered several alarms to allert me of you being here. Now you can run but I doubt if you make it you have taken too much time reading this warning! Your only way to escape my yard at this time is strip down to your birthday suit and walk out of here with your hands held high only other way would be with the help of a body bag that would be laying on the box to your right please do me the favor to open the bag and slip it over you the coroner has a bad back and he would feel better if you help him today it's already been a long week for him your number 6 for this week already! So it's your choice get out with the skin of your *** or have help to leave by way of hurse your choice I'll give you 5 seconds to decide if you can't just stand there it's not as fun as hitting a moving target but it will not be as hard on you I promise to make sure you don't feel a thing!! The OWNER
I can't stop laughing!!!!!!

They had been talking about how the roosters they were around as kids were always mean. Older group of people. 60s I'd guess. I told them that people aggression is mostly genetic. Only breed the nice ones and you get nice birds.
It really annoys me when people talk about how mean their roosters were, and that they were "so lucky" to find a home for him. Umm, no, you just gave an aggressive bird away when nice ones need homes. Eat it or train it, in my opinion.

Silkies are adorable!
big_smile.png

Okay I just have to say I love this thread lol you guys are all such a hoot. I've been busy and gotten behind but I just finished catching up.

Love all of the topics that have been covered.

Especially the trespassing and funny chicken stories.

We live on a somewhat busy road so we do get people turning around. We even once in a while get people stopping out (think American pickers) and sometimes there are creepy people lol usually not though. I also don't really worry I'm a pretty decent shot and we have a couple dogs-one of which is a great Dane but it's the smaller one that I know would defend me.

We get a lot of coyote hunters around here dozens of them all drive the country roads and work together. They park about a quarter mile down the road by the railroad tracks and sit a lot.

In January I scared some coyote hunters that pulled into our driveway to turn around bc we were having predator problems I was outside with my gun. They turned around in quite the hurry and don't spend as much time around our house. Lol I was just walking around holding the gun in a safe position of course but they didn't know I was waiting for a fox. Lol

Then again I don't much like the coyote hunters. They not exactly being sportsman- like and they're not very safe about it in my mind. While we are rural we aren't the only house out here and they've never gotten permission to hunt the fields around our house. That said the fields aren't ours but are my DH2B'S family's​. They also often sit in the middle of the road for hours. Hello. At least pull off before you get someone killed.

I don't mind hunters I come from a family of hunters and I don't mind guns they're a useful tool when safety is taught and they're used the right way. I've been exposed and taught about guns my whole life. I feel like there would be much less problems with guns if everyone took a safety course on guns. But hunters like this in my mind give hunters a bad name. We often hear shots ring out, multiple shots. Yet we've never seen them take a coyote. They apparently don't lead their target or aren't patient enough to get a good shot off. That's my thinking anyways. I know it's not always that simple but these guys are pretty dumb. They'll have trucks on either side of a country block and shoot across towards each other. LOL perhaps Darwin will come into play in their lives lol

Bc of the railroad tracks we also get a lot of people driving by here really slowly and creepily. Lol

More later I've lost my train of thought and I'm tired. Night all

Back
Top Bottom