Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Quote:
Yeah, it didn't last long. He actually attacked one of my friends because they were male and took me to the grocery store since HE had the car.

Kids, do NOT get married at 20. Wait much longer so you learn to tell who's a jerk. Been divorced from him for 20 years now in a few months.

Any man that will roll with whatever I want and never have a harsh word, yea, I got a keeper. Chicken hanging out in the laundry room? Ducks in the bathtub to get EXTRA clean? More chickens or ducks? A stray dog? It's all good.
big_smile.png

Been married to a wonderful man like that for 17 years now. Dated for almost 2 two. We'd have married a year earlier but with all the Navy stuff, we waited. I said I want chickens. He said fine. Just take care of them. He hauls feed sacks for me and helps build coops. I have chicks brooding in the bathroom. He plays with them in the morning before he takes his shower. His favorite from this last batch turned out to be a female, so he's happy about that. He loves friendly roosters, though. The bigger the better. He wants some BBS Jersey Giants right now.

[/quote]
It's quite common in almost all animals. Some more so than others (giraffes). It's the birds that are male on one side and female on the other that I find most interesting. And odd looking. Here's the first chicken hit I saw.
[COLOR=660099]Chimera (genetics) - Wikipedia[/COLOR]

[COLOR=545454]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(genetics)
A genetic chimerism or [COLOR=6A6A6A]chimera[/COLOR] (also spelled chimaera) is a single organism composed of cells from different zygotes. This can result in male and female organs, two blood types, or subtle variations in form. Animal [COLOR=6A6A6A]chimeras[/COLOR] are produced by the merger of multiple fertilized eggs. [COLOR=777777]‎[COLOR=1A0DAB]Lydia Fairchild[/COLOR] · ‎[COLOR=1A0DAB]Marmoset[/COLOR] · ‎[COLOR=1A0DAB]Foekje Dillema[/COLOR] · ‎[COLOR=1A0DAB]Blaschko's lines[/COLOR][/COLOR] [/COLOR]
Now, this is cool stuff. Weird, but cool!! Did not know the half male/female thing existed. Hermophrodites, yes, but this crazy configuration, no. Didn't know about giraffes, either, but I did know llamas aren't picky. A friend had 2 males who were quite fond of one another. My friend would say they were now out in the pasture smoking cigarettes. Wow. Thanks.

Last edited:
Intersex chickens. Pretty darn cool. Also, huge thanks for not freaking out when I said I was trans. 

Seriously I spent Easter in my Aunt's basement because I was terrified I would let something slip. 

Antisocial?: No. 
Queer?: Yes.

Sorry you're having a problem being accepted. Are you sure your fears are well founded? Or, are you just afraid of the rejection? Funny thing is, 2 seconds/hours/days/years after you tell them, you'll be exactly the same person you were before you told them. Plus, you don't judge them based on their behaviors in the privacy of their bedrooms, so why shouldn' you be afforded the same consideration and respect? What's sauce for the goose, etc.

You won't have any problems from me. Who am I to judge?

Intersex chickens. Pretty darn cool. Also, huge thanks for not freaking out when I said I was trans. 

Seriously I spent Easter in my Aunt's basement because I was terrified I would let something slip. 

Antisocial?: No. 
Queer?: Yes.

And, people wonder why I don't get all excited at the prospect of spending holidays with the family. You never have to resign yourself to the basement when you're with friends. Gee whiz. Why is that?

That is a very true statement. Last family gathering was spent in a literal walk-in closet. My friends are great! Family, sometimes. Either way, this is off topic, so we should get back on track.

Back
Top Bottom