Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Our science class never taught about fertilization if anything, and some land animals lay eggs like that. Salamanders do

So do snakes, but they, salamanders and fish aren’t warm blooded. I’m sorry. You’re trying to be nice by letting them off the hook, but I'm not that nice. I hold people responsible for learning more in school than just how to write their name. As as we sow, so shall we reap.

8 years? You dont spend enough time with them. You'll ❤❤❤ it
I thought my hubby was mad when he suggested getting chickens. I was in love within minutes

Hahahahaha. Oh no. I started keeping chickens 8 years ago. Living in the mountains, I have problems with predators, so have had several flocks. Right now, I have Sylvia from the flock 4 years ago that I gave Jewish biddy names, and Peony from last year’s flock that I gave flower names to. I had 9, but dogs got 7, leaving me with just these 2. Now I have 9 babies I got in April that haven’t been named yet. I’m thinking of First Ladies, and named a barred rock Eleanor because she’s the tallest. But, either her or the other unnamed BR crowed once last week, so I’m waiting. I had a Jewish biddy named Ida, but she crowed, so I had to change it to Ira. I think I'm not excited about these names. I loved Margaret T. Hatcher and Eggatha Christie, but but I lost them to predators, too, and I don’t want to reuse names. But, I may have to. That’s what I meant.

All mine are named, too, but after 8 years, I just haven’t mustered up any enthusiasm this time. Maybe once I know their personalities better.
Sometimes, it will take 6 months for the right name to stick with the bird. Lol I have Falkor, Ruby, Rori, Copper, Owlly, Goldie, Blondie, Woman, Hippogriff, Nessy and Cassin are my standard flock. Itty, Tina, Trouble, Noodle, Toodles, Turtle, Gmork and Groot are my bantams. Then there is like 20 chicks with no names yet still.

Sometimes, it will take 6 months for the right name to stick with the bird. Lol I have Falkor, Ruby, Rori, Copper, Owlly, Goldie, Blondie, Woman, Hippogriff, Nessy and Cassin are my standard flock. Itty, Tina, Trouble, Noodle, Toodles, Turtle, Gmork and Groot are my bantams. Then there is like 20 chicks with no names yet still.

I have a Buckeye chick that’s very small still - the breed grows slowly - that I started calling, Dolley, and an elegant gray EE that I’ve started thinking of as Jackie, but none of the others have been associated with a name, yet.

I have a Buckeye chick that’s very small still - the breed grows slowly - that I started calling, Dolley, and an elegant gray EE that I’ve started thinking of as Jackie, but none of the others have been associated with a name, yet.
How is the buckeye chick? I live in Ohio. So, I kinda want a couple. But never looked into them much. Oddly enough, I've never seen them for sale in out farm stores.

How is the buckeye chick? I live in Ohio. So, I kinda want a couple. But never looked into them much. Oddly enough, I've never seen them for sale in out farm stores.

It was the first time I’ve ever seen them for sale, so decided to try it. She is the cutest thing, tons of personality and, even though she’s half the size of the others, is always the first at the feeder when I fill it. I just can’t believe she’s going to be the size of a standard 6+ lb chicken. She still looks like a bantam. But, she's very friendly and doesn’t seem as afraid of me as the others. The tiniest, yet bravest of the flock!

Back
Top Bottom