Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I swear all my silkies chicks are roosters this year..... lol

None of mine that are staying are the same breed:
Turken Cockerel: Cleo
Belgian quail D'anver Cockerel: Cecil
Splash Cornish Bantam Cockerel: Opal
Mixed Rooster: Ambrose
Pheonix Rooster: Westeros
Sumatra Rooster: Achilles
Ayam Cemani Cockerel: Tyrion
White faced black Spanish Bantam Rooster: Juan Pablo

My OH's cousin told me that I need to make a large gate in each one of our pens to take the riding mower in to mow the grass this spring...

I was truly speechless...
Honestly we are having to mow our girls' big round pen, it is 50 ft diameter (used for training horses in years ago) and the weeds get way too high. Eventually I think the hens will take care of that but they are not full grown

I swear all my silkies chicks are roosters this year..... lol

I’ve been lucky over the years, not getting Roos. I got my first, 3 years ago, and my second last year, out of about 50 chicks, total. But, now I have a Barred Rock that crowed last week, and the other one is a possibility, too. How they get any of those just hatched little things sexed right at all is beyond me.

I got 6 out in my coop, that all but one, act like roosters. And I got at least a couple in my basement that are acting roosterish. Then my trio thats 8+ weeks have me stumped. I think in my trio my showgirl is a hen. But the head poof, makes me wonder.

I'd love to buy local, but all my store had this year was meat crosses, Leghorn and Asia blacks. There was one tub of assorted bantams this year and most of those were little OEGB. I prefer getting breeds with variety

I'd love to buy local, but all my store had this year was meat crosses, Leghorn and Asia blacks. There was one tub of assorted bantams this year and most of those were little OEGB. I prefer getting breeds with variety

I’m in a very rural area in the mountains where I don’t even have a Walmart within 25 mi, but I’ve got at least 3 feed stores to choose from, and they always put out a list of what breeds they’ll be getting on which dates. I ended up with 2 golden comets, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 EEs, and 2 Buckeyes, but one was acting funny and died shortly after. My two grown girls are a white and apricot EE who just stopped laying, and a 1 year old golden comet. So, it’s a nice mixture with mostly heritage breeds.

Back
Top Bottom