Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
Most of them are old enough to be pterodactyl eggs. :sick

No wonder I never liked eggs before we have chickens
1f637.png

Our neighbor is the worst control freak ever... our ducks tend to like to go around the pens by the property line... so I herd them back every time I catch them near it... once in a while, a few cross before I get there, but I still diligently get them back across in fairly quick time... a few days ago, I didn't see them before she did, and she went off about keeping them off her yard... fine, no problem... we don't have the finances right now to put a full proper fence along that side (it's very long) so we got some 2' wide poultry wire and simple u posts to set up a deterrent barrier... get it halfway up and she starts screaming that it has to be 10' from the property line (it's about 2 or 3 ft from it) so she can mow her yard... and we can't put it up cuz she doesn't like it... are we just gonna ignore her and keep doing it???

I responded that there is no pleasing her, she blew up... now our perfectly healthy, parasite free birds are accused of infesting her husband with poultry lice/mites and they never even come on to our property!

When I had my first batch of chicks about 4 years ago, I was showing pictures around work and it was quite the novelty and most people were very interested with lots of questions. The chicks were about 2-3 weeks old and with all sincerity, one of my co-workers looked at the picture and stated, "they must lay little eggs"

Our neighbor is the worst control freak ever... our ducks tend to like to go around the pens by the property line... so I herd them back every time I catch them near it... once in a while, a few cross before I get there, but I still diligently get them back across in fairly quick time... a few days ago, I didn't see them before she did, and she went off about keeping them off her yard... fine, no problem... we don't have the finances right now to put a full proper fence along that side (it's very long) so we got some 2' wide poultry wire and simple u posts to set up a deterrent barrier... get it halfway up and she starts screaming that it has to be 10' from the property line (it's about 2 or 3 ft from it) so she can mow her yard... and we can't put it up cuz she doesn't like it... are we just gonna ignore her and keep doing it???

I responded that there is no pleasing her, she blew up... now our perfectly healthy, parasite free birds are accused of infesting her husband with poultry lice/mites and they never even come on to our property!
I'd check the local zoning laws. It seems to me that if you put your fence up 10' from property line "so she can mow it", there might be some eminent domain issues come into play. Unless they have bird netting surrounding their entire property, her husband is more likely to get cooties from wild birds, or mice... or squirrels. Is she sure he didn't have cooties when she married him? (sorry, couldn't resist)

I'd check the local zoning laws.  It seems to me that if you put your fence up 10' from property line "so she can mow it", there might be some eminent domain issues come into play.  Unless they have bird netting surrounding their entire property, her husband is more likely to get cooties from wild birds, or mice... or squirrels.  Is she sure he didn't have cooties when she married him?  (sorry, couldn't resist)

We're in county property and yes, our zoning laws are clear... there is a sub division clause about the front fence line needing to be 10' from property line ther for power line access, but they moved the power lines after that... for shared property lines we can put a fence directly on the line, but it becomes 'community property' then... we marked the line first, declared it, then went a couple feet in for the fence... we're within our rights, we made sure of that...

The 2 issues are, we all know exactly where our far corners are, and the lots are 150' wide in front... we've measured 20x at least and they agree each time, but as soon as we start doing something she tries to claim a 200' wide spread... I told her to get a surveyor out if she wants to argue, I won't argue...

2nd issue is, they're kinda relatives by marriage... :/

Back
Top Bottom