Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
My 72 yr old aunt saw our bowls of blue, green, dark choco brown, brown, white and pink eggs. She said your coloring your eggs already for Easter? It's July for Pete's sake?
1f627.png
1f633.png
1f61d.png

Our neighbor is the worst control freak ever... our ducks tend to like to go around the pens by the property line... so I herd them back every time I catch them near it... once in a while, a few cross before I get there, but I still diligently get them back across in fairly quick time... a few days ago, I didn't see them before she did, and she went off about keeping them off her yard... fine, no problem... we don't have the finances right now to put a full proper fence along that side (it's very long) so we got some 2' wide poultry wire and simple u posts to set up a deterrent barrier... get it halfway up and she starts screaming that it has to be 10' from the property line (it's about 2 or 3 ft from it) so she can mow her yard... and we can't put it up cuz she doesn't like it... are we just gonna ignore her and keep doing it???

I responded that there is no pleasing her, she blew up... now our perfectly healthy, parasite free birds are accused of infesting her husband with poultry lice/mites and they never even come on to our property!

Four words, "Where is it written?", followed by two more, "Prove it", should take care of her demands. Never heard of a 10' rule, NEVER. Nor have I heard the neighbors must like it. There may be some association standards that you have to satisfy, but not a specific neighbor's. Research it, then tell her to sit on it and spin.

ETA - I've seen you've done that. Out - laws or not, don't allow them to speak to you that way. She hasn't got a leg to stand on so let her rant. Remind her it could be worse, you could have some dog killing livestock running the neighborhood. Or, you could play loud rap music/opera next to her house all day. So, she needs to learn to appreciate what she has.

Last edited:
Our neighbor is the worst control freak ever... our ducks tend to like to go around the pens by the property line... so I herd them back every time I catch them near it... once in a while, a few cross before I get there, but I still diligently get them back across in fairly quick time... a few days ago, I didn't see them before she did, and she went off about keeping them off her yard... fine, no problem... we don't have the finances right now to put a full proper fence along that side (it's very long) so we got some 2' wide poultry wire and simple u posts to set up a deterrent barrier... get it halfway up and she starts screaming that it has to be 10' from the property line (it's about 2 or 3 ft from it) so she can mow her yard... and we can't put it up cuz she doesn't like it... are we just gonna ignore her and keep doing it???

I responded that there is no pleasing her, she blew up... now our perfectly healthy, parasite free birds are accused of infesting her husband with poultry lice/mites and they never even come on to our property!

Not to mention poultry lice don't even live on humans..... Sorry you're having trouble with your neighbors!

My 72 yr old aunt saw our bowls of blue, green, dark choco brown, brown, white and pink eggs. She said your coloring your eggs already for Easter? It's July for Pete's sake?
1f627.png
1f633.png
1f61d.png

"We like our Easter eggs well aged. We'll bury them like the Chinese do, next week." Or, as we say in the South, "Bless her heart."

Last edited:
We're in county property and yes, our zoning laws are clear... there is a sub division clause about the front fence line needing to be 10' from property line ther for power line access, but they moved the power lines after that... for shared property lines we can put a fence directly on the line, but it becomes 'community property' then... we marked the line first, declared it, then went a couple feet in for the fence... we're within our rights, we made sure of that...

The 2 issues are, we all know exactly where our far corners are, and the lots are 150' wide in front... we've measured 20x at least and they agree each time, but as soon as we start doing something she tries to claim a 200' wide spread... I told her to get a surveyor out if she wants to argue, I won't argue...

2nd issue is, they're kinda relatives by marriage... :/

10' in front is pretty common for utilities easement. But be careful if you set your fence back from your line and they start mowing it after a certain time they can claim the land as theirs. Time limits and process varies by state but it's called adverse possession.

We're in county property and yes, our zoning laws are clear... there is a sub division clause about the front fence line needing to be 10' from property line ther for power line access, but they moved the power lines after that... for shared property lines we can put a fence directly on the line, but it becomes 'community property' then... we marked the line first, declared it, then went a couple feet in for the fence... we're within our rights, we made sure of that...

The 2 issues are, we all know exactly where our far corners are, and the lots are 150' wide in front... we've measured 20x at least and they agree each time, but as soon as we start doing something she tries to claim a 200' wide spread... I told her to get a surveyor out if she wants to argue, I won't argue...

2nd issue is, they're kinda relatives by marriage...
hmm.png
I would just keep on going along with my fence, and tell them they can either lend you a hand building the fence to allow you to be good neighbors, or she can shut up about it. Sounds to me like she could use a post hole pounder upside her head.

You may want to consider asking her to sue you or silence herself.

Back
Top Bottom