Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
Oh man, you can pick  your friends, you can even pick your enemies but you are just freaking STUCK with your family.

We decided that the best way to deal with our families was to put a lot of miles between them and us. Trust me it works.

x2. I've lived around the corner from AND many miles from family. There are pros and cons to both, but overall, I would rather keep my distance. For some, it helps preserve sanity and relationships.

If push comes to shove I would consider getting a survey done on the property. I did that once with a problem neighbor. Little toad was the neighbor from Hades. I can still remember the surveyor laughing as he finished up and telling me about the guy following him around as he did his job. The end line was, the neighbor's garage, fence and gas meter were over 10 feet on my property. I told him he had two solutions. Start tearing stuff down and moving it or get out his checkbook. He wound up buying 15 feet off my west property line along with closing and surveyor fees. Best money I ever spent.....and got back in triplicate!

We can't pick our family, and in most cases, we can't pick our neighbors, either. I've had some good ones AND some iffy ones. Give me a cabin in the boonies any day!

Last edited:
I think I have a couple broodys sitting on some bad eggs...
big_smile.png

LOl...give her some eggs!

OHHHh that would make me tempted to get some Scottish Dumpies and then play loud bagpipe music to make them feel at home.

Opera has the same effect on me. When we lived in Miami, everyone would have the windows open all winter. The backyard neighbors were the sweetest people in the world, but were from Lithuania and loved opera. Their Sunday morning ritual was to enjoy the Sunday paper with a whole pot of coffee, while sitting on the porch around the pool and listening to opera. It was like listening to jackhammers. You listen to that from October to March. Oy.

Play opera. It's easier to get.

My husband suggested a large flock of guneas. I think a couple of peacocks on top for good measure. By the way, in the dog killing live stock category, besides donkeys you also have Mustang mares and Belted Galway cattle.

OH, the peacocks in addition to the Guineas is a lovely touch. That would not only make them appreciate what they currently have, I dare say they'd like it, too. Ever hear a peacock?

I did better... I breed and raise Call ducks as well... their nighttime pen is directly outside their bedroom window... my flock has increased the last few months to around 150... :lau

Actually, I don't have to deal with her much longer... our neighbor on opposite side of us is tbe note holder for both of our properties... due to them being perpetually late making payments and not full payments, they are very behind... they got tired of dealing with the lies and BS so they sold their note to someone else... registered letter was due to reach them today from the new note holder for them to pay in full (not possible) the full balance due or cease and desist the property within 28 days...

The new note holder is a great guy, we get along with him and his wife... it's her own cousin! :gig

Karma... :D ;)[/quote]

My gracious! You certainly didn't need our suggestions. You had it covered. Hope the arrogant #*%+$ learned a lesson. You *will* be sitting in your lawn chairs with a drink with a little umbrella in it watching them move, won't you? Just a little salt for their wounds.

I did better... I breed and raise Call ducks as well... their nighttime pen is directly outside their bedroom window... my flock has increased the last few months to around 150...
lau.gif

Actually, I don't have to deal with her much longer... our neighbor on opposite side of us is tbe note holder for both of our properties... due to them being perpetually late making payments and not full payments, they are very behind... they got tired of dealing with the lies and BS so they sold their note to someone else... registered letter was due to reach them today from the new note holder for them to pay in full (not possible) the full balance due or cease and desist the property within 28 days...

The new note holder is a great guy, we get along with him and his wife... it's her own cousin!
gig.gif

Karma...
big_smile.png
wink.png

My gracious! You certainly didn't need our suggestions. You had it covered. Hope the arrogant #*%+$ learned a lesson. You *will* be sitting in your lawn chairs with a drink with a little umbrella in it watching them move, won't you? Just a little salt for their wounds.[/QUOTE]
0.jpg

We can't pick our family, and in most cases, we can't pick our neighbors, either. I've had some good ones AND some iffy ones. Give me a cabin in the boonies any day!

Now there's my kind of plan. A place in the boonies, far far away from family. Hard to find no matter who you arel
Thanks so much for giving me a sense of accomplishment! Check check!

Now there's my kind of plan. A place in the boonies, far far away from family. Hard to find no matter who you arel
Thanks so much for giving me a sense of accomplishment! Check check!

Hmmmmm. Now, I'm suspicious of my son's motive for buying a 12 acre farm, down a dirt road 14 miles from his mailbox. I just thought it was because he's on a clear salmon river and can be self-sufficient. He KNOWS his father won't be coming down there. But, I *thought* he knew I'd love it.

Back
Top Bottom