Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
Yea I agree 7....they probably have a dog that they put clothes on and carry in a purse too. Smh

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, so here is my thousand words

Animal cruelty!

When I was 12, I built a wagon with chicken wire sides and bike tires, that had a yoke to fit my mom's Boston terrier, Pepper. Oh, it hauled 3 or 4 chickens in it. It was for a 4H animal parade. Perhaps it's kids doing an animal parade?
I agree. In fact, if you look closely, it appears that it's a child's hand pushing the "contraption." Forcing a chicken (or anything, for that matter) to LIVE in something like that would certainly be cruel, but I really don't think that's the situation here.

Last edited:
When I was 12, I built a wagon with chicken wire sides and bike tires, that had a yoke to fit my mom's Boston terrier, Pepper. Oh, it hauled 3 or 4 chickens in it. It was for a 4H animal parade. Perhaps it's kids doing an animal parade?
They sell those contraptions to cat/dog owners. My Dad and Step-Mom had an indoor cat. This cat would fly back and forth to Florida with them every winter. Cat didn't like the plane ride, but was fully at home in either her Maine or Florida residence, or for that matter, at their summer camp. They had a little stroller similar to this one, and when they asked the cat if she wanted to go for a walk, she'd jump into her stroller. When I was a kid, I had a 17# cat that I'd dress up in baby clothes. I'd put Sally in an old fashioned baby carriage, and trundle him around the neighborhood. He seemed to enjoy all of the attention lavished on him. I see no problem with a chicken enjoying the same attention. My child hood pet rooster (Aunt Alma), spent a lot of time riding around on my shoulder, and getting tossed out my upstairs bedroom window. I'm sure that if I had a little blue stroller, Aunt Alma would have enjoyed that also!

That looks like a well-fed, well-cared-for, pampered little pet hen. ;-) I very HIGHLY doubt she was harmed in the process of being strolled, and I would bet my right arm she doesn't live a miserable, confined life in that stroller. The bedding looks fresh and clean...and wait a second...is that a water bottle I see attached to the back?

Ehh guys. I think they meant it as a joke. You know, like when you see some poor dog dressed up in a ridiculous outfit (my mother does this to my Lab a lot) and someone says animal cruelty. They don't actually mean it's animal cruelty it's just a saying.

Back
Top Bottom