Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Ok I have no clue how to start my own thread.
Today my rooster was in extrodinary pain. His bum was bulged out and bleeding.
I put him in the bath and try to push it back in. It was so hard and I was hurting him even more.
I can't find an open farm vet because it's easter.
I felt I couldn't let my boy suffer so I made the hard decision to end his life.
When we quickly took his suffering away a full sized egg shot out of him.
His vent area hushed out with blood as if it would never have healed. I'm not sure.
But I am in disary sad and very condused.

I put him in the bath and try to push it back in. It was so hard and I was hurting him even more.
I felt I couldn't let my boy suffer so I made the hard decision to end his life.
His vent area hushed out with blood as if it would never have healed. I'm not sure.

Roosters cannot lay eggs. They do not have the organs for it. Sounds like you had a hen that was prolapsed. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry about your chicken. Maybe it had gender issues?

If you'll go to the top of this page, right above your post on the left, you'll see a box that says "Start a new thread". There will be similar boxes in other places on this site. That should help.

But, I agree with the other responses, your rooster wasn't a rooster after all. He was a she. Either that, or it wasn't an egg. Maybe it was a growth. But, I will say I have a hen who jumps on the other girls and looks like she's mating. But, she's really just being aggressive. She's the head hen and gets mad when one of the others gets out of line or, especially, gets attention from me. Her name is Margaret T. Hatcher and she's a loud, bossy thing.

Last edited:
Glad to be in such fine company!

Why, thank you. Glad to the have the company of another jaded introvert. We can have meetings, but being introverts, we won't show up. We'll stay home, making no apologies or excuses because we'll understand that, being introverts, we hate meetings and like to stay home.

Last edited:
Why, thank you. Glad to the have the company of another jaded introvert. We can have meetings, but being introverts, we won't show up. We'll stay home, making no apologies or excuses because we'll understand that, being introverts, we hate meetings and like to stay home.

Hahahaha! PERFECT! Yesterday the husband and children were out of town for the day, to see his family. I always choose to stay home for these events because an entire day of solitude is not something I would give up. If I could have one day of every week like that....it would be a joy.

They said its cool as long as we follow the rules.

Anyways, so I've been dating a girl for over a month now and 2 weeks ago I gave her a dozen eggs from my girls. Anyways, she says that her father wouldn't touch those eggs. He doesn't even want to have them in something baked at home. I told her she should whip up a batch of his favorite cookies, let him know full well that my girls eggs are in it, and see how long his resolves last. I believe his deal is because the eggs weren't inspected and came from a farm I guess.

However, what really got me was the fact that her mother this week threw out the last 6 eggs she had from me. She thought they was going to go bad in the fridge because they've been there a week. Odds are they were still fresher than the store bought eggs they bought at the store that day.
ep.gif
barnie.gif
th.gif
Haha he sounds like my dad! My dad calls my girls eggs poisonous. We get 5 eggs a day that are perfectly fine, and guess what, he buys eggs at the store! He refuses to hard boil my hens eggs for some reason and after he saw some specks of blood in an egg he was disgusted. I guess some people are just freaks like that. More for me.

Back
Top Bottom