Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Oh the joy of having daylight savings here again. :th

We have an illegal rooster that we adore & are praying doesn't get reported. We keep the birds locked in the coop till 9am to try to keep the neighbors from complaining. This morning I was woken up at 8:30 by my beautiful boy stretching his lungs under my (& my neighbors) windows. I dragged my lazy rear out of bed & asked DH why he had let them out so early. He looked at me like I was an idiot & said,
"Its already 9:30... What would you have me do? Leave them in till 10?"
Me: "What are you talking about?"
Him: "Its daylight savings time."
Me: "Yeah, but you know the chickens don't know that, right?"
Him: "...……..……….." (total silence.) :rolleyes:

I never thought a comment from someone in my own house would be included in this thread. :he:smack

We have an illegal rooster that we adore & are praying doesn't get reported. We keep the birds locked in the coop till 9am to try to keep the neighbors from complaining. This morning I was woken up at 8:30 by my beautiful boy stretching his lungs under my (& my neighbors) windows. I dragged my lazy rear out of bed & asked DH why he had let them out so early. He looked at me like I was an idiot & said,

I never thought a comment from someone in my own house would be included in this thread. :he:smack
:lau :hugs
You should hang a clock in their coop so they can get better at telling time..:D :gig :oops:

You won't believe what I keep hearing from citiots that daylight savings time is to help miners and farmers. I'm like if it is a quarry you can easily add lights or change hours of operation if it's a shaft then it does not matter. farmer's work when the sun shines no matter what the time says (or they use electricity, and now farm implements have lights! so it does not matter!).

Is it a digital one? :pop

No. With homeschooled kids I try to keep everything analog. Why? Do you think a digital one would be easier for the birds to read? ;) :lau

You won't believe what I keep hearing from citiots that daylight savings time is to help miners and farmers. I'm like if it is a quarry you can easily add lights or change hours of operation if it's a shaft then it does not matter. farmer's work when the sun shines no matter what the time says (or they use electricity, and now farm implements have lights! so it does not matter!).

I believe it. :th

Exactly! Farmers have always pretty much gotten by the sun and just how much daylight they got never came from the gorram government. Honestly we should all just stay on Daylight savings time and be done with switching.

Exactly! Farmers have always pretty much gotten by the sun and just how much daylight they got never came from the gorram government. Honestly we should all just stay on Daylight savings time and be done with switching.
As a farmer, a large family of farmers actually, we see no point to daylight savings! It does not matter what the clock says, what needs doing at dawn and sunset gets done at those times!

My aunt wouldn't accept my fertile eggs, she got very pale when i offered them to her, "I don't ... eat ... fertile eggs" she said haltingly. I was speechless, and just said ok. and later I thought about explaining how they haven't started doing anything yet , they were one day old and not put in the fridge immediately, but I just didn't see the point. If someone is thinking somethings gross, nothings going to change their mind. It still irritates me though haha :)

Back
Top Bottom