Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: im pretty sure it decreases the chances of pregnancy too
idunno.gif

another fun statistic - birthdays are a good thing, studies show that people who have the most birthdays live the longest.

There have been people (and cities) who fell for the attempts to ban dihydrogen monoxide.
i didnt look this up, but 2 hydrogen, 1 oxygen would be pure water if im not mistaken
lau.gif
. again i think of the movie "Idiocracy" - "but brawndo has electrolytes, its got what plants need."

my daughter after reading the ingredients on something determined she was allergic to sodium chloride. she put some more salt on it anyways.

I disagree about the spaying and neutering not being for dogs or cats. I think that no matter how well you watch them they sometimes get away from you. I have two outside cats that are spayed and I didn't do it for their behavior I did it to avoid any stray cats breeding them. The stray cats I do catch I have them spayed/neutered at the spca they do it for free practically and then I find them new homes. (I sort of have a network where I live of people finding cats and looking for new homes for them so there's almost always a home for a stray cat) I don't think the stray cats should be my responsibility but who else is going to do it? Also what about hunting? we allow that so population doesn't go too high for certain wildlife. Sorry for the rant, I agree that docking isn't a nasty thing to do, but I don't agree that spaying/neutering is unjustifiable. IMO that is.
I didn't say it isn't for dogs and cats, I said its the same as docking in that its because we want it done for our own purposes which in this case is convenience. It is inconvenient for people to have a pack of puppies/ kittens every few months, its inconvenient for some people to have male dogs lifting their legs all over the house, its inconvenient for most people to clean up after a dog who is in her heat cycle, and for some people it isn't convenient to have their eyes on an animals whereabouts all day or have them live inside. Since your cats live outside not under your supervision you did the right thing. I am not against spaying or docking ,just pointing out that its a little hypocritical to call one procedure that removes healthy tissue cruel while not saying anything about the other more drastic procedures that are done at our behest.

My sisters husbands mom was from Belgium and a professional chef. Here is what I learned from her. As long as you do not wash the eggs which removes the protective bloom from the egg then it is ok not to refrigerate them, but if you do wash them then they do need refrigeration. She also stated that they should be used within three weeks if not refrigerated. The same amount of time that it takes for an egg to hatch. I do still refrigerate my eggs but I don't wash them unless they are dirty then I use them first.
This I did not know. I knew you could leave them out for up to a week if needed but thought had to use them after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom