Frizzle thread

Pics
Hi All!

I live in the Cayman Islands, and I'll be in the states for a very brief stay in mid November and I'm hoping to get some fertile hatching eggs. I'm not too choosy, I just want breeds that aren't here on the island already. I'm looking for Polish, Frizzle Polish or Frizzle anything. Silkies too but not white.

I would rather buy from a person rather than a company due to the fact that I need them to be as fresh as possible and they need to be posted at exactly the right time to coincide with my visit stateside.

I'll be visiting my sister in-law in Oro Valley near Tucson Arizona.

Thanks!

Frizzles are not a breed according to the APA. They are considered a variety of whatever breed they are. Their laying capacity will depend on what breed your frizzles are.
They are wyandotte. Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated
bow.gif

Is this a frizzle chick? It is a week and three days old. And can anyone guess on the gender?

Is this a frizzle chick? It is a week and three days old. And can anyone guess on the gender?

Sorry, but I think you'll have to be patient and ask again in a couple weeks. Without any feathers, its nigh impossible to tell if it'll end up frizzled. As for gender, I don't think anyone can tell you this early. Just do what I do and call all your chicks "she" until they present otherwise. Some consider it wishful thinking, some call it superstition.

This little one is two weeks old .. he/she is currently affectionately known as 'my little dinosaur' lol. He/she has the whole 'warlord, high collar' thing going on! :)

This little one is also 2 weeks old but feathering out a lot slower. I think I am seeing Frizzle feathers but leaving it a bit longer before saying for certain. It's colour is what has me intrigued .. it is like a silver/grey. Your thoughts on what colour to call it would be appreciated. I posted some pictures on another thread and some comments were that they thought it was in black and white! lol. So took some next to a watermelon to show colour
wink.png

The little sweetheart knew I was trying to get a picture of the wing so was very obliging! lol

PS. I have no idea of the parentage. The guy I purchased the eggs off either did not mark them at all or marked them with the mum's name! The top chick came out of an egg marked 'Gloria' and the grey/silver's egg was not marked! :)

Back
Top Bottom