Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Dang Oz, I have been away for a spell and come back to Poo Poo hitting the fan. I am deeply sorry to hear of the things transpiring as they are, but as I have been following your thread for some time and I have no doubt that you will be recovering for this untimely set back in due time. You WILL overcome my friend. I have faith in you and your will to make it happen.

Wow Oz! I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure, like others have said, that you will bounce back, like all the other times. I can understand her wanting to complete her education though, I wish I had. I wish I didn't have so much family and friends here or I would volunteer for the job myself! My boyfriend said he was down, lol! That sounds like paradise to me! Good luck on finding worthy replacements!

Great story Piglett! You guys look very happy! I have this funny feeling that it was meant to be! That was some great luck, and I just don't believe in coincidence anymore so much as fate!

I love your story too Tomtommom! I actually divorced my ex just a year ago, would've been with him forever, except he cheated on me and got bad off into pain pills. My boyfriend now, I've never been so happy! We argue very little, especially compared to my ex, and he's so much more compatible with me! He got me into organic gardening and has been very supportive with the chickens, is very creative and is good with his hands, construction, electrical work,a little mechanical work. We have so much more in common than anyone I've ever dated, plus I love his family! Things happen for a reason! Hopefully in Oz's case, everything will be even better soon!

Have any1 speculated that bernie may be trying to start his own farm. I know alot of people who have worked at a trade, mastered it, and decided to be their own boss in said trade

Well...croad langshan are in the bator...we shall see what hatches...this is the first time I've used the brinsea for the first part of the incubation. up to this point I've been using it as a hatcher, since I was used to the styro bator ...but a couple hatches with it so I figure time to employ it full time. I'll keep ya posted.

OZ 1 other thought I had as i woke up today was

make Bernie an offer he can't refuse

i'm not talking about like in the movie the godfarther

i'm saying money talks & BS walks

offer him a raise he can't refuse or would be a fool to refuse

if it takes an extra $150 a month to keep him at Cocobeach so what

it's not going to put you in the poor house

and your getting something that is worth more than money!

you said you trust this man with money

you said every peso is accounted for by him & his wife

that IMHO has a real value

pay now or maybe pay even more later

i myself would be willing to pony up if needed if i was in your current shoes

just my 2 cents worth

good luck

patrick

Last edited:
Bernie and Annalou have facilitated the creation of cocobeach farm and that is greatly appreciated.
The decision to leave cannot have been easy but apparently i is a necessary one for them for whatever reason. If they need to go they should go.

Oz will find a replacement. It will be tough for a while but the farm will go on.

I actually doubt if this will be the last Oz sees of Bernie.

Maybe Annalou or even Mrs Oz could give some basic english speaking lessons to the other workers - a perk of the job for the workers.

It would beneficial to all if more people could be communicated with directly in english, and one of those workers could end up a manager one day.

I've been away from the thread for a few days, and I come back to CHAOS! Wow..... I hope for the best for all parties involved! Good luck Oz! It may be tough for awhile, but you will get through it if you keep plodding along!

OZ 1 other thought I had as i woke up today was

make Bernie an offer he can't refuse

i'm not talking about like in the movie the godfarther

i'm saying money talks & BS walks

offer him a raise he can't refuse or would be a fool to refuse

if it takes an extra $150 a month to keep him at Cocobeach so what

it's not going to put you in the poor house

and your getting something that is worth more than money!

you said you trust this man with money

you said every peso is accounted for by him & his wife

that IMHO has a real value

pay now or maybe pay even more later

i myself would be willing to pony up if needed if i was in your current shoes

just my 2 cents worth

good luck

patrick

It's time to "go to the mattresses" since we are referencing the Godfather!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom