Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
Well I gues I won't know how these turn out. Sold ever one of them today. I think though that I'll leave the hen in with the same rooster and try hatching more at a later date.

draye
what breeds do you raise?Are they purebred or just you own crosses?
I have read a lot of your post an wondered what breeds you raise?
You talk a lot about selling them all.
where do you advertise?
Appreciate your reply.
thanks

Last edited:
I really only have Naked Necks. But I have a few others for outcrosses.

At one time I also was raising EE's and dine my original crosses to them. After I got a good amount of pullets I got rid of my EE's. When hard fines hit for a bit I sold off most of my green Eggers NN's. I really regret that decision. I'm having a hard time getting any more that jay green eggs.

So excited to have found this this thread!

One of my naked neck frizzle girls, Priscilla, layed her very first egg today and it's a lovely green colour.

Being very new to the chicken scene, we were absolutely intrigued with this.

Is this a common occurrence in these girls? I have another naked neck frizzle girl (Bridget) who has also just started laying, but her eggs are brown.

Will Priscila's eggs always be green?

And do they taste the same?
1f633.png

Thanks in advance, Kristy

Her eggs will always be green and they still are the same inside. Blue eggs are created by a gene that causes the shell to be blue. It is the same as a white shell, just with a couple different ingredients on the outside.

If you were to breed your hen, you have a chance that she will pass the blue egg gene onto her offspring. The chicks only need one copy of the blue gene to produce blue eggs. There is another gene that puts a brown coating on the outside of the egg. The blue plus the brown on top get you a green color.

When you crack the egg open, look at the inside color of the shell. It will be blue!

Getting ready to put in some eggsto hatch.
Putting in 48 but only 20 of them are green eggs . Laid by two different hens.

Trying to see if I can't get more green egg laying NN's.

Found out that I have another green egg layer, first egg today. It is one if two hens that are daughters of my one and only GENN hen. I suspect it's the pea combed kbe, but not totally sure.

The egg is a darker green than her mamas mint green. It's not quite an olive color though.

I've decided the Columbian colored peacombwd pulket is the green egg layer.

I'll try to get a photo and post later.

Back
Top Bottom