Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Slow right now. I have only one pullet at POL. I haven't seen a green egg from her run, she's in with all brown egg layers, so unless she laying a brown egg then she hasn't started yet. I did catch her on the best the other day checking it put. I hoping though by March.

I do have some more in for the New Years Day Hatch-A-Long. I think 14 eggs.

Just waiting for the next batch to grow, they are 11/12 weeks now.
Hi, you left this thread info on the Hatch-along thread and here I am reading and excited about your NN laying green eggs! Have you posted the colored eggs yet? if so can you give me the page number, thanks. I love NN and only had one before, she was large and pretty to look at. Her neck was clean! She got
lots of complements. Please include me when you have eggs available.
Happy Holidays!
D.gif

Hi, you left this thread info on the Hatch-along thread and here I am reading and excited about your NN laying green eggs!  Have you posted the colored eggs yet?  if so can you give me the page number, thanks.  I love NN and only had one before, she was large and pretty to look at.  Her neck was clean!  She got
lots of complements.   Please include me when you have eggs available.
Happy Holidays!    :cd  

Well the offspring have not actually started laying yet. So far though all that have hatched out have pea combs.
I have only one pullet that is even close to lay. This project has only just barely begun.

When I get my first egg I'll try to get a picture and post it.

Thanks for your interest.

Well the offspring have not actually started laying yet. So far though all that have hatched out have pea combs.
I have only one pullet that is even close to lay. This project has only just barely begun.

How fun for you! Good luck! I am always shifting things around and am in no hurry and curious in seeing your hens matched with her eggs.

are you using artificial light?

Draye, do you produce enough eggs to sell to local folks?  Just curious what you do with excess eggs.

I sell a few extras. We eat a lot of eggs ourselves and I give some to my mom and dad and sister.

As my flock increases I'll probably try to push and advertise them a little more. Folks around here rhjnk that $3.00 a dozen is way too much for fresh eggs. My attitude is if you don't want to pay my asking price then buy them from the store. I have cooked and feed a few back to the chickens.

I sell a few extras. We eat a lot of eggs ourselves and I give some to my mom and dad and sister.

As my flock increases I'll probably try to push and advertise them a little more. Folks around here rhjnk that $3.00 a dozen is way too much for fresh eggs. My attitude is if you don't want to pay my asking price then buy them from the store. I have cooked and feed a few back to the chickens.

I live in the same type of area. I won't even discuss prices with someone who wants to dicker with me...if they become a pest, I simply refuse to sell to them...Period.

Folks don't realize or care what it takes to make a dozen farm fresh eggs but they sure do like them over the tasteless things to be had from the big-box stores. If I didn't already have so many long-established customers, I'd not sell eggs at all but just feed them back into the flocks and to the dogs.

Like everything else, it takes time and effort but if you're like me and my kids, we are patient when we are working with something that we like and gives us a challenge.

Jason and I are working with a couple hybrid projects for meat birds to be caopnized and poulardized. We are using Dark Cornish cocks over NN hens.

Son Aaron, (aka TURK) who lives in KY, is working with Buckeyes over NN hens for the same purpose.

I have my daughter back home now and she is thinking of showing some of the Florida White rabbits we have to cross with NZ Whites for meat. When we got our Florida Whites, we bought the best available from a show breeder in Toledo Ohio and she has the pure genetics to work with to really have a field day at ARBA rabbit shows. She is still not 100% back from a serious auto accident about three years so she may never be able to show dogs again but rabbits and birds will be easy for her to deal with.

When you get some birds that are laying the way you want, perhaps I can get a trio for her to play with.

She loves the NNs and has put new vigor in Jason's efforts to breed both White and Black birds for show.

RON

Please post updates on you Dark Cornish/NN crosses! I've actually been discussing this combination with my husband as a future project I'd like to pursue...once my NN eggs actually hatch and mature, that is. My eggs are only on day 4 in the incubator and I'm going crazy waiting for them. Patience has never been one of my virtues.
roll.png

Please post updates on you Dark Cornish/NN crosses! I've actually been discussing this combination with my husband as a future project I'd like to pursue...once my NN eggs actually hatch and mature, that is. My eggs are only on day 4 in the incubator and I'm going crazy waiting for them. Patience has never been one of my virtues. :rolleyes:

This needs to be posted on the Breeding For Production Thread. This thread is for Green Egger Naked Necks. Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom