Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

All of my naked necks lay either green or blue :)

Pullet #1 - Green eggs

Cockerel for 2015 breeding.

Pullet - green eggs. This is when she was young.

The two young cockerels I held back for spares.

This is one of my breeders from 2014. She lays a beautiful green egg

White chick

My 2014 breeding cockerel, who has since been culled because I had far too many white chicks. I want an array of colours :)

Both the green and the blue in this picture are from my NN hens. The green from the barred hen you see above, and the blue from one of my two white hens

Here are the two white hens that lay the blue eggs!

I don't use any of my naked necks for meat, but I am trying to beef them up. The whites have leghorn in them. They lay insanely well, HUGE HUGE eggs, but they may weigh 4 1/2 pounds max. Their eggs are the size of a Jumbo or bigger. they lay nearly every day and year round. They have never gone broody. I did have a couple of the barred hens attempt it :)

All of my naked necks lay either green or blue :) Pullet #1 - Green eggs Cockerel for 2015 breeding. Pullet - green eggs. This is when she was young. The two young cockerels I held back for spares. This is one of my breeders from 2014. She lays a beautiful green egg White chick My 2014 breeding cockerel, who has since been culled because I had far too many white chicks. I want an array of colours :) Both the green and the blue in this picture are from my NN hens. The green from the barred hen you see above, and the blue from one of my two white hens Here are the two white hens that lay the blue eggs!
Wow! Pretty hens and rooster there. I knew you had some that kId colored eggs I just didn't know all of them did. I'm not trying to get all NN's here as colored egg layers just some. Where I live there is no limit on how many I can keep. Just as long as I don't go over 199 hens then I'm a hobbyist when you tach 200 or more then it is considered a business by the state of Arkansas.

Actually I'm really wanting blue eggs but I don't think I can get there too fast with brown egg layers thrown in the bunch. Plus the fact that most if my Easter Eggers lay a green egg, I have a couple that lay more on the blue side.
My current head rooster in with my EE's is an Ameraucana, blue wheaten.

Wow! Pretty hens and rooster there. I knew you had some that kId colored eggs I just didn't know all of them did.

I'm not trying to get all NN's here as colored egg layers just some.

Where I live there is no limit on how many I can keep. Just as long as I don't go over 199 hens then I'm a hobbyist when you tach 200 or more then it is considered a business by the state of Arkansas.
It's the same here Draye. 199 laying hens, any more you need a quota. Roosters don't count though, and neither do chicks. Only hens laying eggs. :)

of course I'm in mad love with aoxa's birds.

yeah blue is just about impossible after mixing. I was very surprised the one hen here lays blue as she's mixed and there's no white eggers in her ancestry.

perfect blue eggs are much more difficult to produce than green eggs
I wouldn't call them perfect. They are a light sky blue. Not pastel blue like my Ameraucanas. But they are blue :)

of course I'm in mad love with aoxa's birds.

yeah blue is just about impossible after mixing. I was very surprised the one hen here lays blue as she's mixed and there's no white eggers in her ancestry.
Lucky I think? I'm pretty sure the mothers all laid a green egg too. Not sure how two of them ended up laying blue?? It's confusing, sure. I did take a video of the egg coming out of her, so no one can tell me there is no way she lays a blue egg! ha :)

0.jpg

Here is the video I got of one of my two white NNs laying a blue egg :)

I wouldn't call them perfect. They are a light sky blue. Not pastel blue like my Ameraucanas. But they are blue :)

Lucky I think? I'm pretty sure the mothers all laid a green egg too. Not sure how two of them ended up laying blue?? It's confusing, sure. I did take a video of the egg coming out of her, so no one can tell me there is no way she lays a blue egg! ha :) 

That's neat. I've actually seen hens lay eggs before but never have videoed it.

I think the reason she lays a blue egg though is beause her mother (if she was a blue egg layer) mated with a leghorn rooster which came from a white egg.

Back
Top Bottom