Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Friday Fish Fry tonight.
A friend from Colorado is visiting for the weekend. Something with ground venison planned for tomorrow night - burgers or meatloaf was what I offered. I suppose I could do stew also, that way I don't have to grind the meat first.

Yum, I haven't had venison in a long time! I can buy it ground here but it's not even close to the same as I remember as a kid.

Same old same old on the salad (heirloom tomatoes are so good), breaded fried cod fillets, broccoli, summer squash, and left over mac and cheese.

I think I have a slight allergy to Bell Peppers. If I eat a little bit of them, I will taste them for 3 days or so. If I eat too many, or too often (2 days in a row) then they will give me stomache upset and even make me vomit. SO I avoid as much as possible.
I think a lot of foods that we do not like are because of allergies.

The funny thing is, I always hated bell peppers before. Then I started to like them and actually would crave to have them on pizza. Then about a year or so later, they started to make me sick.
My bosses wife is allergic to Lemons (allergic like me, not hospital, gonna die allergic). About once a month or so, she craves the lemonade from Chik-Fil-A and has him stop on his way home to get her a large lemonade. He always remonds her that it will make her sick, but she always wants it anyway.

It is surprising to me how many pre-packaged, frozen convenience foods have peppers. I always check the teeny, tiny ingredient print to make sure.
Cravings are weird!

I sometimes think I want to eat a cantaloupe. I know it is very healthy and they smell so good!

I take one bite and want to vomit!

Tonight we will eat Chinese food. It's a tradition started when our kids were small and the only place in town that was open Christmas eve was the Chinese restaurant.

For tomorrow I am making a standing rib roast for just the two of us. Mashed potatoes for sure and carrots, but maybe more than that.

Back
Top Bottom