Horse Talk

Hahaha right!? Horses are such goofs! I love the one that just decided to roll "oh yeah, I totally meant to do that" :lau

XD for sure!
Smoke HATES getting wet. But on numerous occasions this summer ifound him STICKIN HIS BIG OL FEETS IN THE WATER TROUGH. :th

LOL YEAH!

Ah a horsey thread yay!

I have two of the beasts. One is an elderly boy who I used to do eventing on in my teen years. His legs hurt him now so he hangs out and eats a lot. I adore the old boy so much. The other is a quarter horse filly who will be two on tuesday named Spider. She is set to be my riding horse one day. I've been working with her a lot. Ornery lil thing but smart and I just love her. Here is the little lady.
21078483_10210137983669627_2721780821001970380_n.jpg

Hey peeps
Im a little worried about Ginger... Lately she's seemed really slow, sometimes when she stretches she just stands in the stretched position, which is kinda weird.... I went out and brushed her tonight, and she just chilled with me (not unusual at all :lol: ) but she seems off..... Not colic, but she's getting O.L.D. :lol:

Im thinking i should lock one of them up in the pen, but I'm not sure which one. Smoke herds her around all the time, shich has been good for her muscles but not her feet. Mira is a total jerk to both of them, and MAN does she get violent. :mad: But if i lock up one of them, Gin's still gotta deal with the other one... She pretty much feeds herself if left on pasture, and i dont want to leave her locked up... :/ What do you guys think?
Maybe arthritis? I'd have her checked on though. The parking out sounds concerning. I know it can mean a lot of things, none of them good.

Well, my horses had an interesting Saturday. Had 3 kids at the barn for pony rides and general messing with horses. Stud got the honors of doing the pony rides... Poor guy had the indignity of doing 7 pony rides in one day... And then Wings got finger painted....

Hey peeps
Im a little worried about Ginger... Lately she's seemed really slow, sometimes when she stretches she just stands in the stretched position, which is kinda weird.... I went out and brushed her tonight, and she just chilled with me (not unusual at all :lol: ) but she seems off..... Not colic, but she's getting O.L.D. :lol:

Im thinking i should lock one of them up in the pen, but I'm not sure which one. Smoke herds her around all the time, shich has been good for her muscles but not her feet. Mira is a total jerk to both of them, and MAN does she get violent. :mad: But if i lock up one of them, Gin's still gotta deal with the other one... She pretty much feeds herself if left on pasture, and i dont want to leave her locked up... :/ What do you guys think?

I'd try putting Mira up, sounds like she's a wild child anyway.

Too funny! I'm definitely not the most graceful!

Ah a horsey thread yay!

I have two of the beasts. One is an elderly boy who I used to do eventing on in my teen years. His legs hurt him now so he hangs out and eats a lot. I adore the old boy so much. The other is a quarter horse filly who will be two on tuesday named Spider. She is set to be my riding horse one day. I've been working with her a lot. Ornery lil thing but smart and I just love her. Here is the little lady. View attachment 1122886
Beautiful girl!

Maybe arthritis? I'd have her checked on though. The parking out sounds concerning. I know it can mean a lot of things, none of them good.
Im fairly certain she's got arthritis. But she isnt in any danger of dying, which is good cuz we have no money :lol:
Been awhile since I've seen her do that now. I think she was just having a bad day (go figure, the moody beast :rolleyes: )

Well, my horses had an interesting Saturday. Had 3 kids at the barn for pony rides and general messing with horses. Stud got the honors of doing the pony rides... Poor guy had the indignity of doing 7 pony rides in one day... And then Wings got finger painted....
:lol: Smoke is lucky i dont trust him with littke kids yet. :rolleyes:
Oh boy..... Pics? :lau

I'd try putting Mira up, sounds like she's a wild child anyway.

Too funny! I'm definitely not the most graceful!
I would, but mom treats the horse like royalty, i swear it one of the most ANNOYING things I've ever had to deal with. Stuck up brat ain't no easy keeper like Gin and Smoke, and IT DRIVES ME CRAZY
BUT MOM DOESNT GET IT :barnie :mad: :barnie
Pardon my rant. -_-

Mom doesnt want me to lock up Fancy Unicorn cuz "shes just got too much energy to be in a pen! You've seen how crazy she gets when she cant see other horses!" :mad:
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGHHHH

Mom doesnt want me to lock up Fancy Unicorn cuz "shes just got too much energy to be in a pen! You've seen how crazy she gets when she cant see other horses!" :mad:
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGHHHH
In my opinion, horses should never be alone. If they are with their human then they aren't alone, the rest of the time they have someone with them. If I bring one in for a week or 2 due to an injury, I bring in at least one other horse to keep them company. For long indoor stays, I let the non injured ones out and bring in a new one every so often so they aren't locked up for a long time if the are healthy, but the hurt one is never alone. I even take 2 when i go to a show, and the one that is left at the trailer has a human with them at all times.

Back
Top Bottom