I have to talk POLISH!

Pics
Polish always do better with another Polish around. I NEVER recommend people get only one or two Polish in a mixed flock of many other breeds, or they will get picked on as I've heard of and seen of too often. The reason is actually because of their differences. Mine don't get picked on, but likely because mine are tough by nature and also because the ratio is really good. I've got over 15 Polish in a flock of over 30 hens.

I'm lucky to say I have a wonderful Flock. My Giant Cochin who helped introduce my barred rock into the flock takes in all the newbies. However the chicks she ( The Polish Tina) Were brooded with are becoming quite independent and really don't hang around and wait for her. So the poor girl is usually just around the yard on her own. She tries to follow the other girls around the yard, and into the coop but as I said they don't wait for her so more often than not she gets left out of the coop, because she simply doesn't know they've gone in until its too dark for her.

Bless her heart...on the positive side...looks like I'll just HAVE to buy another polish...oh darn . Now where to find one.

Quote:
This is just a suggestion but maybe Tina needs her crest altered so she can see better. Some cut the front feathers. Other folks pull the front feather up with a hair tie as in elastic that is cloth covered so that the crest is held up so the bird can see.

I have a buffed laced polish bantam frizzle cockerel in with two mellow mature hens who do not bother the little guy.

Here are better shots of their heads. Looking at other baby pictures I don't think they are Polish at all. Their bodies are too thin and lanky and Polish seem to look more chunky like silkie babies.

89326_snap0045.jpg

89326_snap0044.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
That's def. a Polish nose!

BAH HAHAHAHA this comment cracked me up for some reason...It's because i need sleep
caf.gif
Day 4 of being sick with almost no sleep!

Back
Top Bottom