I have to talk POLISH!

Pics
Culling exhibition polish bantams bearded whites and white crested blacks. Have too many !
All are SQ we culling them off Sat because there's just too many.

Pm me if you think you'd like some SQ polish bantams
wink.png

Oh Josh, so very, very tempting. I think I'll be PM'ing you by Friday
hide.gif

These are our new little hatchlings, awwww. First time we've hatched our own fertile eggs. The broody is one of the first 2 hens we started with as hand-me-downs in 2009. Looks like we got 3 frizzles, and one smooth. The smooth one was the first to hatch, but was being shy this day. They were about 8 days old I think.

26854_baby_chicks_oct_11_007.jpg

26854_baby_chicks_oct_11_014.jpg

Quote:
love the laced.. I have 2 pair of WCB, and would like to add some color and lacing to my flocks for my mom who loves them she call them her Bobble heads..

Im glad yall started up another polish thread. I hate that the last one close.. I was on vacation and wow all kinds of stuff happend

Talk about a scare, I go out to lock up all the chickens, and my one 10-week old Polish who is in a pen by herself is not there! I hear peeping, I'm wandering around. It gets dark and no more peeping. I get the flashlight, I'm out about an hour looking. I just happen to look up-there she is in a tree! My baby!!!! It's almost 3am now and I would still be out there looking had I not seen her on a branch.

She's the one in front. The other one died.

3891_yob.jpg

Last edited:
I returned home last night after dark to find my Polish run door open and 3 missing birds! All my mixed flock and the EE Roo were in thier hen house and 6 of the Polish in theirs. Of course it was dark so I went for a flashlight and started searching. I found one in a tree and one of my roo's laying on the ground as close to the backside of the coop as he could get, he still hasnt come out of the coop or crowed this morning, and then my trusty cocker who found my lost chicken a month ago, found my little girl Cher tucked under some old motorcycles that were covered with tarps. I would have never found her if the dog hadn't pointed her out!

I don't see any visible injuries on them but I think my HUGE EE Roo whooped a$$ all day! I left the house at 7 am to watch my grandkids while my daughter ran another 5k and my husband went camping, he fed and open the coops that morning, but we only let my mixed flock egg layers free range. The Polish have a very large fenced area but I'll be breeding them so they don't run with the others so I don't know how thier gate got left open.

Oh and my old lab could barely walk today so I think she may have been trying to stop the Roo because she could barely walk, (she doesnt chase the chickens) like she gets if we take her quading. I don't know what when on but the animals at High 'N Dry Farm were busy while the humans were away! My husband better have a darn good excuse as to why that gate was left open!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom