JANUARY 2015 Hatch-A-Long

So far 3 of 4 bantam EE and 6 of 12 shipped Faverolles. A couple of the other fav eggs are ones I'm not quite ready to declare either way.

None of the LF EEs are developing. Looks like my BO rooster isn't doing his job yet. Knucklehead is nearly 10 months old and just started crowing a couple weeks ago! I figured he wasn't breeding yet, but tossed those eggs in to check for fertility. When he starts breeding he will be put with my layer hens to add a few more good layers to the flock.

I candled a few of my 5-day eggs. I saw some spider webs in one! The others I couldn't see much. Has any one ever have any experience of not ever seeing veins, but still having the eggs be developing? I have some that I set on the 18th, that are all shadowing, but no veins.

I candled a few of my 5-day eggs. I saw some spider webs in one! The others I couldn't see much. Has any one ever have any experience of not ever seeing veins, but still having the eggs be developing? I have some that I set on the 18th, that are all shadowing, but no veins.
Emm...i had one that had no veins (that i could see) and it still hatched...

I have two eggs (hopefully) hatching shortly after New years. I have 2 eggs at 2 different stages. One is due for lockdown on new years eve around 5pm and the other is due for lockdown exactly one week after the first one. It's getting closer! I sure hope to have a chick by next weekend :D I can't wait!!!

I toss mine after day 10 if they are clear.
yeah
sad.png
I tossed just tossed 2. I was just really hoping I'd get something out of this set. They were Silkie crosses and I was really looking forward to those chicks. But they all seem to be duds. They aren't exactly clear, the yolks are darker, but there are no veins, and no dark spot.

Back
Top Bottom