JANUARY 2015 Hatch-A-Long

I win-I am allergic to garlic.

Oh wait- you are allergic to eggs- I thought you meant the cartons! I am sorry!
Haha, it is no problem! Sorry to hear about your food allergy, they are the most inconvenient thing..

I might as well be allergic to garlic, I can't stand the stuff
sickbyc.gif
That and onion. I cook the most boring foods in the world, I'm sure!

and to stay on topic.. #4 is out!

Thanks Thats The plan! My humidity was 65% during lockdown however it did drop below while I slept and after testing my hygrometer when the hatch was over it reads about 3% less then it should. So this time around I may keep it at 70% and get it up to 75% before I go to bed so if it drops it'll still be a good %.

My humidity is always between 42% and 45%. Much better hatch rates when we lowered it. We usually have a 95% or better rate.

During the entire incubation. We don't increase during lockdown. Huge improvement in hatch rate once we started this.
hmmm I dunno, my last chicks were all shrink wrapped with my humidity at 65 so I really think I need higher. I put my hygrometers in the incubator today without adding water and without my eggs in yet and they were reading 5 and 6%... I live in AZ and it is so dry here, even with the rain we got a couple days ago.

Eek I ran into my first speed bump for this hatch. I had planned to put the eggs in the incubator at 8am tomorrow. After thinking about all the things we have to do and places we have to be tomorrow I have realized we won't even be home from 9am to probably like 11pm. Which means I won't be able to turn the eggs or keep an eye on the temp and humidity. Don't really want to chance a temp spike on the first day. I think I'm going to put off setting the eggs till we get home tomorrow night. Which means I may be up quite a bit keeping an eye on the temp. :/

Back
Top Bottom