Leghorn Thread

Pics
Your rooster is absolutely beautiful!!!!
love.gif
Thanks! He is a snuggle bear, most of the time. LOL!

Does anyone have any issues with the white leghorns being flighty? Mine wont let me gt within five feet of them without them running away even though I've raised them since chicks.

Also how do they do in cold weather?

Mine do great with cold weather, and calm down as they grow older. By six months they are lots better, and even better at a year.

Training them to come for food helps lots.

Does anyone have any issues with the white leghorns being flighty? Mine wont let me gt within five feet of them without them running away even though I've raised them since chicks.

Mine are overly friendly. Have you handled them a lot? They do okay in winter, but can get frostbite on their comb and waddles. Vaseline helps.

Last edited:
Mine are overly friendly. Have you handled them a lot? They do okay in winter, but can get frostbite on their comb and waddles. Vaseline helps.
We spend a lot of time out at the coop while they free range trying to encourage them to be friendly but they still dot't really want anything to do with us. They are nothing like my two road island red roosters, they follow me everywhere like big babies haha

We spend a lot of time out at the coop while they free range trying to encourage them to be friendly but they still dot't really want anything to do with us. They are nothing like my two road island red roosters, they follow me everywhere like big babies haha
Lol, that's funny our RIR rooster isn't as friendly. In fact i'm trying to sell him.

My 2 whites are loves they hop on my back or shoulder any chanc they get and they love for me to rub under there beak inbetween the waddles

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom