MARYLAND THREAD!

Yeah I’d be highly suspicious of any feed store “Ameraucanas.” I just set my batch under the incubator! I had 4 dozen to choose from. The darker 5 in the middle were fresh this morning and the rest were a bit cold so we’ll see how it goes. I cracked 3 of the extras into an omelet and they all looked fertilized so fingers crossed!
So exciting! Mine go in at the end of February. It's my first full incubation. In December our broody left a few eggs so we incubated and hatched them, but the did about 90% of the work, so this will be the first start to finish incubation. I'm doing my own eggs and foudn someone nearby who will sell me a few inexpensive BCM eggs, too. (since it's my first hatch I don't want to spend a lot of $ in case I screw something up). My plan is to offer up some of my homebred chicks when they hatch, and then dump the Southern States chicks in with mine- they shold be close enough in age - and then grow them out and go from there. Hubs is supposed to be building me more coops...

So exciting! Mine go in at the end of February. It's my first full incubation. In December our broody left a few eggs so we incubated and hatched them, but the did about 90% of the work, so this will be the first start to finish incubation. I'm doing my own eggs and foudn someone nearby who will sell me a few inexpensive BCM eggs, too. (since it's my first hatch I don't want to spend a lot of $ in case I screw something up). My plan is to offer up some of my homebred chicks when they hatch, and then dump the Southern States chicks in with mine- they shold be close enough in age - and then grow them out and go from there. Hubs is supposed to be building me more coops...
Same here! First time hatch. If it’s a high hatch rate I’ll part with a few then add a couple other chicks (blue egg layers and a couple BCMs). Because I was going to add more I was wondering if I should vaccinate for Marek’s.

Same here! First time hatch. If it’s a high hatch rate I’ll part with a few then add a couple other chicks (blue egg layers and a couple BCMs). Because I was going to add more I was wondering if I should vaccinate for Marek’s.
Some of my current flock are vaccinated and some are not. I didn't really pay attention at the time I bought the chicks as to whether or not they were vaccinated. So I guess at this point I am not goint to vaccinate the newbies. Although it's possible the chicks already will be.

Hi guys! Getting back into chickens and we are in southern Maryland. Anyone have or know someone with any of the following eggs or chicks?
Wheaten Marans
Wheaten Ameraucana
BBS Ameraucana
Breeder/show quality silkies BBS

Also always looking for non-working antique incubators. If you see an old barn find I adore rebuilds.

Back
Top Bottom