Metzer Farms

My wife and I have order eggs from Metzer Farms and we are very pleased with the overall experience, even though we were not as successful at hatching as would have liked, but that has nothing to do with the eggs themselves. We ordered our eggs fro them to start with because that we knew of, they were the only hatchery that had a fertility guarantee(80%). That combined with there great and timely customer service make them our choice hatchery, even though we are in the east-side of the US. Would highly recommend Metzer Farms to anyone interested in Raising Ducks and/or Waterfowl.
thumbsup.gif

My geese from Metzer arrived! They are all healthy and drinking their sugar water. I live in Charleston, W.Va. and I was worried about the long trip for the geese but they all seem fine. They were a little late - I expected them at 8 am and I received them at 10 am (and it was nerve wracking because I thought they were lost). But all is well now!

Last edited:
My geese arrived! They are all healthy and drinking their sugar water. I live in Charleston, W.Va. and I was worried about the long trip for the geese but they all seem fine. They were a little late - I expected them at 8 am and I received them at 10 am (and it was nerve wracking because I thought they were lost). But all is well now!
Yay congrats!!!

I ordered 10 mixed female ducklings. I received 11 healthy birds on time last week - 4 buff, 4 black Swedish and 3 Rouen. The even included a breed list on the order so I would know what breeds I had. All are doing quite well. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

According to the tracking label, the ducklings arrived in Detroit at 14:37 (2:34 PM) on Feb. 28th. My local Post Office did not call me until 6:30 AM today, March 1.
Detroit is a BIG city with multiple delivery offices... I am guessing that the ducklings arrived at the local mail processing plant on the 28th, but then there were no trucks scheduled to take them to the appropriate delivery office til the next morning. However... the PLANT should have called you and offered the option of picking them up immediately. I live in northern Idaho and am blessed with a GREAT mail processing plant in Spokane, WA... they have called me numerous times when chicks have arrived on a Sunday or holiday (WHY does Murray McMurray Hatchery ship their chicks out on SATURDAYS???) and told me I could come pick them up anytime, because they run 24/7/365.

Last edited:
We've used them for Pekin ducks with no problems whatsoever....I would recommend them! I DO pay a llittle extra though for the "growgel" to be included in the shipping box.

Yes! I ordered six pekin duck eggs and they shipped 7. All were fertile and intact when I received them! I love my little duckies!

I have not had a good experience with heir customer service. I've emailed them a few times and the girl always gives me the run around as if she doesn't really know the answers to my question or doesn't want to answer them. I had read that they have excellent customer service. It must only be when someone has a problem with the birds they've received (which doesnt appear to happen very often at all) as it seems they have no desire to help out a newbie. There's only so much Internet and books can tell you about these things and first hand knowledge could help a lot with the planning portion of my future flock.
I've still ordered birds from them due to their reputation for good production stock, but I really wish I could tell someone in charge that their email girl is lacking and maybe someone with more patience/experience should be answering their emails instead: maybe someone with better people skills as well.
Maybe I'm being too picky but on their website they said they were happy to help anyone with a question, I was just directed back to the website, which I had read over about 1000 times already and that's why I was asking the questions I the first place. When I told her that I still needed the questions answered, I was just ignored.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom