Metzer Farms

I ordered my Welsh Harlequins from Metzer.

Due to our extreme weather this year I called in my order and asked if a heat pack could be included even though my order was large enough to not require one. They were more than willing to do so and I placed my order with John himself who helped me select my male to female ratio. I also included gro gel in my order.

My ducklings are all healthy and happy. I would not hesitate to order from Metzer again.

I received these girls from Metzer's on March 5th, all ten very lively and healthy upon arrival. I ordered 8 girls and 2 straight run mixed ducklings because this is our first go-around on ducks and we weren't really sure which breeds were right for us. I was extremely pleased with the mixture. We received two Pekin, two Khaki Campbells, two Buff, two Blue Runners and two Black Runners. All the good egg-laying breeds were girls and the Pekins were the 2 straight-run. Perfect! We've since purchased two KC drake ducklings from nearby Cackle Hatchery and I'm extremely nervous they won't live up to the excellent quality of Metzer's as they are beautiful ducks.

Three days old...

At five weeks we put them outside permanently. We would've tried sooner but this Missouri winter has been ridiculously cold! They started to feather out very fast being out in the cooler temps. Our KCs and Buffs are beautiful, our Pekin ducks are HUGE and our little black runners are the smartest of the bunch, surprisingly! They were the first to learn how to drink from our nipple waterers and they have started to lead the rest of the ducks into the coop at night. What a relief... I would recommend Metzer to anyone looking for good quality ducklings.

At five weeks...

I received these girls from Metzer's on March 5th, all ten very lively and healthy upon arrival. I ordered 8 girls and 2 straight run mixed ducklings because this is our first go-around on ducks and we weren't really sure which breeds were right for us. I was extremely pleased with the mixture. We received two Pekin, two Khaki Campbells, two Buff, two Blue Runners and two Black Runners. All the good egg-laying breeds were girls and the Pekins were the 2 straight-run. Perfect! We've since purchased two KC drake ducklings from nearby Cackle Hatchery and I'm extremely nervous they won't live up to the excellent quality of Metzer's as they are beautiful ducks.

Three days old...

At five weeks we put them outside permanently. We would've tried sooner but this Missouri winter has been ridiculously cold! They started to feather out very fast being out in the cooler temps. Our KCs and Buffs are beautiful, our Pekin ducks are HUGE and our little black runners are the smartest of the bunch, surprisingly! They were the first to learn how to drink from our nipple waterers and they have started to lead the rest of the ducks into the coop at night. What a relief... I would recommend Metzer to anyone looking for good quality ducklings.

At five weeks...

Nice assortment! I love metzer farms very good quality

I just received my gosling order from Metzer this morning. I was concerned.....shipping all the way across the country is a long way! But when I opened the box, all 8 little heads popped up for a look around. The groGel was a GREAT investment. I got the little geese home and into their cage. All drank and then started pecking at the grass clippings I placed in there for them. I am very pleased with my order and will order from them again in the future. I got American Buff geese and also Pilgrim geese.

Well, everyone seems to think they are a good company, so I hope my experience is just a fluke.

I ordered embden and toulouse goslings on April 9th with a hatch date set for April 28th and delivery date set for today, Aptil 30th. Was there early this morning waiting for them at the post office...no goslings. Was worried they had gotten lost in transit.

Contacted Metzer farms and discovered they were never even shipped to begin with even though my card had already been charged for the order and I had been sent a confirmation email confirming the ship date. They said they would try to ship them next Monday and assured me they would not re-charge my card.

Hoping I have not been scammed and a bit disappointed today. This was my first time trying to order from them. :(

Well, everyone seems to think they are a good company, so I hope my experience is just a fluke.

I ordered embden and toulouse goslings on April 9th with a hatch date set for April 28th and delivery date set for today, Aptil 30th. Was there early this morning waiting for them at the post office...no goslings. Was worried they had gotten lost in transit.

Contacted Metzer farms and discovered they were never even shipped to begin with even though my card had already been charged for the order and I had been sent a confirmation email confirming the ship date. They said they would try to ship them next Monday and assured me they would not re-charge my card.

Hoping I have not been scammed and a bit disappointed today. This was my first time trying to order from them. :(
Well thank goodness at least they weren't lost in the mail, sorry for the mix up though, Metzers has a great reputation but they aren't perfect either. Someone made a mistake.
welcome-byc.gif

I think it was just a fluke. That stinks you didn't get them today, but at least you know you will get your goslings!

I just got an order of four runner ducklings in. They had a hatch date of the 28th and arrived today which was expected. This is my first experience with Metzer Farms, and I thought they did a great job. The ducklings were comfortable when I picked them up and active and peeping. There was a heat pack in their box because I ordered so few. And I'm really glad I got the grow gel as recommended by Metzer, they ate the whole cup's worth! My biggest concern was the post office, but I think they did a good job, too. They called me as soon as the little ones arrived (I called the post office in advance and gave them my phone number and asked what time the trucks usually get in which is when they asked for my contact info).

Too bad your order didn't get filled when it was supposed to. Must have been some kind of hiccup in the Metzer process.

Back
Top Bottom