Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Considering I started the year with four Muscovy... And three Cayuga and three Magpie. Lost four of the latters, though.

This is it for the year. No more. Nada. Absolutely not getting any more. Until I find some nice ones again...
Wow. I knew you took in a lot of muscovy, but didn't realize it was soo many. That is quiet the size increase. You must have a lot thoughts for breeding now.

Yeah. I started this year with no we are not getting any new ducks. No new ducks... None. But, we really could use some drakes helping looking after our females. Ok let's get 2 drakes and 2 females. Chances are we will need to cull a drake. Nope, they are both amazing Muscovy drakes. Maybe we need more females for them. I swear we are 100% done this year. No more.

Wow. I knew you took in a lot of muscovy, but didn't realize it was soo many. That is quiet the size increase. You must have a lot thoughts for breeding now.

Yeah. I started this year with no we are not getting any new ducks. No new ducks... None. But, we really could use some drakes helping looking after our females. Ok let's get 2 drakes and 2 females. Chances are we will need to cull a drake. Nope, they are both amazing Muscovy drakes. Maybe we need more females for them. I swear we are 100% done this year. No more.
Well, I actually wasn't intending on getting those last ducklings, but my friend texted me, then emailed me pics, and one thing led to another, lol!

I need to stop looking at the online ads...

My ideas for breeding next year keep changing every day! I'll wait to figure out what these six ducklings are, gender-wise, then will start making more concrete plans. Each time I tried before, I ended up getting more and they changed!

Well, I actually wasn't intending on getting those last ducklings, but my friend texted me, then emailed me pics, and one thing led to another, lol!

I need to stop looking at the online ads...

My ideas for breeding next year keep changing every day! I'll wait to figure out what these six ducklings are, gender-wise, then will start making more concrete plans. Each time I tried before, I ended up getting more and they changed!
Online ads are really bad. I have seen a lot of cute ducks, but keep going no. But I am always trying to find a good deal on things I need. But it is definitely hard when you see a sad story. Seen a few of those, but you can't save them all.

The breeder I got my muscovy really didn't like lavandars. I thought it was interesting. She didn't like them because they are all the same color. There is no variation. I thought it was a bit interesting take on it. I can kind of see that though. All the other ones have a lot more variety and even change in color.

The breeder I got my muscovy really didn't like lavandars. I thought it was interesting. She didn't like them because they are all the same color. There is no variation. I thought it was a bit interesting take on it. I can kind of see that though. All the other ones have a lot more variety and even change in color.
I want them not only for their nice soft colour, but to be able to add other colours to, and create combinations, as well as get some markings like Barred or Ripple. Haven't seen any Ripple around here either... I do have a second Barred now, but it's the sibling of my first one, lol!

I want them not only for their nice soft colour, but to be able to add other colours to, and create combinations, as well as get some markings like Barred or Ripple. Haven't seen any Ripple around here either... I do have a second Barred now, but it's the sibling of my first one, lol!
Yeah. I can completely understand that. I don't care as about color, but just enjoy variety. That breeder is specifically breeding for barred muscovy who maintain their barring in older age. And she has some stunning ducks that do.

I had 2 geese 14yr and 10 my gander passed away this past Feb. he would have been 15 in April he hatched here under a Muscovy. Missy has settled in nicely with the Runners and Buffs and my one Muscovy female who is mama to the runners and Buffs so I will not add another goose. I am so thankful she has done so well since her and Sam were inseparable.

This thread has been quiet for too long. Have a gorgeous dusky baby!

20230801_095347.jpg

Back
Top Bottom