Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I got my corid on amazon not that long ago, you just type it in the search on amazon and it comes right up!

I'm excited to look for muscovy ducks this weekend, starting tomorrow at the chicken swap then to a private breeder Sunday if I don't find any really nice ones in the morning. How can you tell how old a muscovy is? If it's starting to get red carnucles on it's face how old is it? Drakes have more than females, correct??

I looked up Celtic oaks farms for french white muscovy ducks to buy and have shipped, but they have no information about pricing and availability atm?

i was wondering what colors/patterns my muscovies have? i think i have the colors down but im at loss about patterns and such!

this is maddie (chocolate?) and i think dotty who is pied?

this is warrior who i assume is self blue. (i think)

then heather is black and white. and the chicken is indeed a chicken.

but biggest mystery to me is ghost.

she is kinda a light soft grey brown (lavender maybe?) but she might be pied?

if i get better pictures of my monsters i will post but my babies don't like to hold still very long.

Pretty Ducks!!
Heather is a black and white magpie. That's a form of pied.
Warrior is Blue, and a nice shade of blue at that.
Maddie is indeed chocolate,
However Dotty looks like a white (unless there's another color that is being washed out in the pictures?)
It does look like homozygous white which is solid white with a colored cap.
And, then, ghost. Ghost, going by the colors of the rest of the flock and a good guess, I'd say blue fawn (otherwise known as lilac).

Of course, I'm probably wrong on ghost, and there's probably something I'm not seeing on Dotty. But, they're great ducks.

Ghost could well be a pastel, but I just don't see it being buff (which with both blue and chocolate in the others would have been my first guess). Too much blue in the tail. Interesting. I wonder if it is a lavender based pastel?

However Dotty looks like a white (unless there's another color that is being washed out in the pictures?)!
Heather is a black and white magpie.  That's a form of pied.
Warrior is Blue, and a nice shade of blue at that.
Maddie is indeed chocolate,
However Dotty looks like a white (unless there's another color that is being washed out in the pictures?)
It does look like homozygous white which is solid white with a colored cap.
And, then, ghost.  Ghost, going by the colors of the rest of the flock and a good guess, I'd say blue fawn (otherwise known as lilac).

Of course, I'm probably wrong on ghost, and there's probably something I'm not seeing on Dotty.  But, they're great ducks.
[/quote]

dotty is all white except for a large chocolate spot on the very top of her head! (its actually really light brown) i will get a good picture of her in the mornin! but i haven't seen any other color on her. she is the most solid out of the group.

ghost i will get a better picture of her in the morning. she has the name ghost for a reason (i can almost NEVER get her in a picture and she likes to disappear and reappear in random places!)

also thanks for the compliment! And the color help!

I can't wait to see another picture of ghost. So, then, Dotty is homozygous white. Normally they have a black cap, but they can come out with just about any color cap at all. I have a homozygous white with a silver cap.

I got my corid on amazon not that long ago, you just type it in the search on amazon and it comes right up!

I'm excited to look for muscovy ducks this weekend, starting tomorrow at the chicken swap then to a private breeder Sunday if I don't find any really nice ones in the morning. How can you tell how old a muscovy is? If it's starting to get red carnucles on it's face how old is it? Drakes have more than females, correct??

I looked up Celtic oaks farms for french white muscovy ducks to buy and have shipped, but they have no information about pricing and availability atm?

It's usually about two or three months they start getting cruncles, but it can take longer for some birds, it really depends in the bird and it's maturity.

If I were you I would just look in your states farmers bulletin, here in MS there are usually some I don't know about other states

Back
Top Bottom