Muscovy keepers share your pics!

By the looks of it, if it needs to be cut off, why not tie it really tight with a clean piece of cord, spray it with blue kote or something, and it´ll fall off like a lamb´s tail. that´s what I did with the the little umbilical hernia of my gosling to stop the bleeding, and gosling is big and chunky. Just do it in the right place, of course......
That's a good idea.

Its called dubbing
It's either filled with blood or some kind of infection. I think I'd try a drawing slave before doing any cutting. I'd be leary in doing it. I have a EE that got her comb caught by another EE it hangs I thought seriously about cutting it till my friend told me when her rooster got frost bite she decided to cut off the dead part and she left him for the night and he bled to death, now how often that happen I have no idea because people cut combs and wattles off of fighting cocks but hopefully they know what they are doing. There's a name for it but I can't remember what it's called.

Got any 18 gauge needles? I'd stick it any see if any liquid came out. Clean it really well first.
big_smile.png

-Kathy
What do you think livins idea about tying a string or thread around it and letting it fall off on it's own.
We all know you would do the needle but not all of us feel comfortable doing that. I'm pretty much a weenie when it comes to my animals.
hmm.png

I would let it try to let it fall off but then if it doesn't fall off cut it or take a needle. If its not life threating or affecting it in anyway I would just leave it

Got any 18 gauge needles? I'd stick it any see if any liquid came out. Clean it really well first. :D

-Kathy

What do you think livins idea about tying a string or thread around it and letting it fall off on it's own.
We all know you would do the needle but not all of us feel comfortable doing that. I'm pretty much a weenie when it comes to my animals. :/

I think the string idea is a good one, one I might try, but I'd wanna know what was in there before. Not that it matters, I just like blood and pus, lol. Something very satisfying about popping a big pimple, right? Maybe not, lol, but I'm funny that way.

-Kathy

I think the string idea is a good one, one I might try, but I'd wanna know what was in there before. Not that it matters, I just like blood and pus, lol. Something very satisfying about popping a big pimple, right? Maybe not, lol, but I'm funny that way.

-Kathy
lol.png
you always make me laugh. what about waiting till it falls off then finding out whats in it, only problem with that is you'd have to isolate the duck to make sure you found it after it falls off.

-Kathy

:lol: you always make me laugh. what about waiting till it falls off then finding out whats in it, only problem with that is you'd have to isolate the duck to make sure you found it after it falls off.

Waiting for it to fall off is probably okay... My only worry would be that another duck might peck at it and if it's highly vascular it might bleed a lot.

-Kathy

It's either filled with blood or some kind of infection. I think I'd try a drawing slave before doing any cutting. I'd be leary in doing it. I have a EE that got her comb caught by another EE it hangs I thought seriously about cutting it till my friend told me when her rooster got frost bite she decided to cut off the dead part and she left him for the night and he bled to death, now how often that happen I have no idea because people cut combs and wattles off of fighting cocks but hopefully they know what they are doing. There's a name for it but I can't remember what it's called.

oh ok and aww

Back
Top Bottom