Muscovy keepers share your pics!

SQUEEE!
I love all the scovy faces!!
love.gif

We had our first Muscovy drakelet processed this morning. He was 3.5 months old and dressed 7.5 lbs. The rest look smaller. Very lean, even leaner than our 4-5 months old cockerels. I am looking forward to the dinner tonight, now resting after all that plucking job and all.

I was pleasantly surprised with how big he was, as they barely touch the feed (only eat that in the evening). They are on pasture, so I guess they have lots of nice food there, lots of bugs and flies, and grass.

He was a mean duck, plucking feathers from the others, so it was a good time to deal with it. The rest of the flock is now so calm and peaceful, what a nice change! :)

Last edited:
We had our first Muscovy drakelet processed this morning. He was 3.5 months old and dressed 7.5 lbs. The rest look smaller. Very lean, even leaner than our 4-5 months old cockerels. I am looking forward to the dinner tonight, now resting after all that plucking job and all.

He was a mean duck, plucking feathers from the others, so it was a good time to deal with it. The rest of the flock is now so calm and peaceful, what a nice change! :)

That's awesome!! I absolutely love muscovy!! Especially when they are braised in red wine or a dark beer!!

I was pleasantly surprised with how big he was, as they barely touch the feed (only eat that in the evening). They are on pasture, so I guess they have lots of nice food there, lots of bugs and flies, and grass.

Very nice! I plan on putting two drakes in a gumbo this fall!

Back
Top Bottom