Muscovy keepers share your pics!

My scovy layed her 6th egg and is now putting down on her nest.:lol:

Last edited:
This is my special girl out of the 5 I have. She's somewhat crippled. She broke her leg when she was half grown. She flew for the first time and landed wrong. I had to carry her around everywhere for about 4 weeks. I was afraid I'd have to put her down out of mercy. She healed though. She's just a little different from the others. She can't walk or run as fast as the others. She has a little bit of a wobble and she's pretty clumsy. She tends to trip over things that she tries to climb over. She can't fly off the ground as high as the others either. She's not in any pain though. She's just as happy as the other 4 girls. She just special.

This is my special girl out of the 5 I have. She's somewhat crippled. She broke her leg when she was half grown. She flew for the first time and landed wrong. I had to carry her around everywhere for about 4 weeks. I was afraid I'd have to put her down out of mercy. She healed though. She's just a little different from the others. She can't walk or run as fast as the others. She has a little bit of a wobble and she's pretty clumsy. She tends to trip over things that she tries to climb over. She can't fly off the ground as high as the others either. She's not in any pain though. She's just as happy as the other 4 girls. She just special.
She's beautiful love her coloring..

And here's my other 4 girls.
Just looking at their faces just shows the personalities of Muscovy's They are all beautiful..

Last edited:
Hey I was just wondering how many eggs it takes for a Muscovy to go broody. She is at six as of yesterday and has begun to put down on the eggs and around the nest. It is her first year laying eggs so I was curious if she would sit on less than if she were older?

awe, she's cute! i have a guy we dubbed 'gimpy' he was injured as a duckling, so walks with a limp.. it never healed without some damage sadly. He gets on very well though.. we are just extra cautious to ensure he gets enough food and in safely at night. He's also a black and white!

Hey I was just wondering how many eggs it takes for a Muscovy to go broody. She is at six as of yesterday and has begun to put down on the eggs and around the nest. It is her first year laying eggs so I was curious if she would sit on less than if she were older?

Completely depends i also have not found age to be a factor at all. Some will sit on a few others a lot. A duck last year set a clutch of 20 eggs, 19 succeeded. Then in the fall she turned around and sat another 8.

She wasn't that old... she is now 2yrs old.. so did this as a 1yo. I find once they start plucking feathers that is the fill of the nest they desire. Good luck!

awe, she's cute! i have a guy we dubbed 'gimpy' he was injured as a duckling, so walks with a limp.. it never healed without some damage sadly. He gets on very well though.. we are just extra cautious to ensure he gets enough food and in safely at night. He's also a black and white!
I always have to wait for her to catch up with the others when giving them mealworm treats to make sure she gets some before the others eat them all or I just let her eat some out of my hand sometimes to make it easier for her.

Back
Top Bottom