Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Thanks.
The other female which just started laying last week (7 eggs so far!) Is either blue or lavender. I'm not actually sure. She seems too dark for lavender bit is slightly lighter than my blue drake. He's head is black and hers is white. Perhaps this is why they seem different to me...
Not sure. She's very pretty nonetheless.
What colour ducklings would I expect from her eggs. Also mostly blues?

Not entirely sure, lavender can be tricky and since blue look like other colors, such as yours is light blue so it looks like lavender. It's weird sometimes to tell. But if she's blue with a blue male then I think it's 25%silver 25% black 50% blue I'm not sure I'll have to check

she will.What does the nest look like
Well it was looking great but one of me geese stole four of her eggs and built a nest right in front of her tote that she was using and laid an egg herself. I removed the goose egg and nest and put the Muscovy eggs back inside. I hope all will be okay. It was hollowed out nicely and all eggs were snug in there till this.

Aww harbor
sad.png
is would help if I lived closer, btw all my Muscovies think their people to or think I'm a duck lol, esp the boys
hmm.png
not the best situation during mating season.
My boys aren't interested in me but the girls are making a mess of my patio. They are always nearby.
Lol

@Ren2014

Hi,

I am not sure about why your draining system isn't working?
Is it the design or a possible blockage...?

The drainage system for my duck's bath is very basic.

#1 Gravity is our friend.
* Our yard slopes so we positioned the bath at the top and built a trench running down into the garden.

#2 Prevent the pipes becoming blocked
* Before I drain the water out I collect any debris out of the water i.e fishing net.
OR
* Attach a drain stopper

#3 Size of your Pipe
* We had 50mm pipes lying around and since installing them into the trench we have had no problem.

I am very naive about plumbing and such but this is super easy and it works for my situation. I hope this may have aided you in some way.

@Ren2014

I mentioned previously the pipes ran onto a pathway of rocks. When you empty the bath the water eventually runs along this rocks like a stream. My two ducks think it is fantastic.
I have attached a photo to give you a better idea of this...

OMG!
Water water water, wheres the water, come on water!
Look at that face. The sheer concentration of will. There will be water! Can you feel it?

@Ren2014

Hi,

I am not sure about why your draining system isn't working?
Is it the design or a possible blockage...?

The drainage system for my duck's bath is very basic.

#1 Gravity is our friend.
* Our yard slopes so we positioned the bath at the top and built a trench running down into the garden.

#2 Prevent the pipes becoming blocked
* Before I drain the water out I collect any debris out of the water i.e fishing net.
OR
* Attach a drain stopper

#3 Size of your Pipe
* We had 50mm pipes lying around and since installing them into the trench we have had no problem.

I am very naive about plumbing and such but this is super easy and it works for my situation. I hope this may have aided you in some way.
@Ren2014

I mentioned previously the pipes ran onto a pathway of rocks. When you empty the bath the water eventually runs along this rocks like a stream. My two ducks think it is fantastic.
I have attached a photo to give you a better idea of this...
What an awesome set up!

Back
Top Bottom