Muscovy keepers share your pics!

These are my ducks in our backyard. Please excuse the lawn.... We have been suffering from drought for the last year or two. I converted our swimming pool into a pond so that we didn't have to backwash it. So slowly but surely turning it into an eco pool. Just need to keep adding plants. And yes that is a pit bull terrier, pit bull and lab with the ducks. They have never seen ducks before and didn't even flinch when I got them. I foster lots of different types of animals and my dogs accept everybody. The ducks go peck at the dogs when they lie in the sun and the dogs love it. They adore the ducks. The kiddies splash pool in the background of the first pic is more for the dogs than the ducks.... they drink alot of water! :-D
View attachment 1142960 View attachment 1142945 View attachment 1142976

wow mine would die with that "pond" mind you it would be my calls in full force into it lol.

That yard looks fine... mine have eliminated all the grass now so i am nothing but dirt. Dogs, eh.. depends on the dog frankly, my lab stands in the pools with the ducks. :rolleyes:

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
I just found a person willing to sell me a male Lavender Muscovy for $15 if I take the extra Chocolate Male for free!!! Only down side, it's over 4 hours away. The person is going to hold them for me to pick up on Sunday!!
Here is a picture! They said they'll sen more later today of them!
00p0p_gl7rQpu8DA_600x450.jpg

So I've been experimenting with my Muscovy's and their feed. Since April 12th, I have been feeding my Muscovy's the following:
1.)DuMOR Poultry Layer 16% Crumble
2.)Producer's Pride Cracked Corn, 50 lb.
3.)Producer's Pride All-Stock Sweet 12% Animal Feed, 50 lb.
4.)Producer's Pride Scratch Grain, 50 lb.
---------------
The results are actually good. My Muscovy's have gained weight, more meat on them, have laid more eggs, their off spring's are bigger, better fertility, better hatch rates, and happy Muscovy's! I didn't do rations when feeding them the feeds listed.
This is per Aviary. Each Aviary houses 1 Male and 5 females and is 8 ft tall x 150 ft long x 75 ft wide and fully closed in with a chicken wire roof. Each Aviary gets to free range on scheduled days, and I feed them freshly grown fodders grass daily.
As for feed goes, all I did was :
1.) Take one scoop of each feed.
2.) Pour into bucket
3.) Mix together
4.) Feed to ducks
I don't know how much my scoop holds but there always a bit of left overs.

Its crazy how much better our second hatch with our 3 girls has been. Andromida the one that tried all summer has her babies running right up to me and following me around the yard. Same with Saturn my girl thats been living in chicken coop all summer with babies. And Venus the one last time that kept loosing babies at night because she wouldn't sleep inside has moved her babies into duck coop on her own. There are 3 I think I want to keep as well as the kc cross. Going to start selling the rest soon. I'll be sad when Im done with babies for the year.

Back
Top Bottom