Muscovy keepers share your pics!

The Blue Barred girl is so pretty! and i also really like the one above her, just gorgeous
love.gif

Quote:

I have really enjoyed viewing this thread over time, so I thought I'd post a few pics of our muscovy family.

Family Portrait: Porter (dad), Lady (mom), and 12 assorted youngin's:

DuckFamilyPortrait.jpg

Lady:

IMG_1209.jpg

Porter:

IMG_1197.jpg

The Youngin's:

IMG_1217.jpg

Tomorrow, though, Porter and Lady are leaving for a new home. I think we're going to keep two of the kids (a boy and a girl) and start fresh. Mom and Dad will be going to a local bunny rescue where they also have other animals (muscovies, donkeys, chickens, horses, etc.) for people to interact with. The diucklings are 3 weeks old today, and the weather is FINALLY starting to warm up a little, so I figure it's time to make a decision. We will also be on vacation at the beginning of the month, and if we can narrow it down to a few I think it will be easier for the caretakers to keep up with them (they are eating me out of house and home!). :)

-Dave

Beautiful little family there! I'm glad you were able to find new homes for mom & dad Scovy.
smile.png
I fully understand the "eating me out of house & home!"
lol.png
Hungry critters, aren't they? I've got 20+ 1.5-2mo olds & 2 Broodies sitting on more eggs.
roll.png

I feel like i havent posted pictures on this thread in FOREVER. Guess im over due.

I recently got a large chocolate drake, and had 19 scovies hatch this morning
smile.png
Have a black bibbed hen due in a few days with 23. So im going to be over run!

GW - I Demand Pictures!!
rant.gif
lol.png

I am feeling SOOO baby deprived, my girls are on eggs right now but i forgot when they're due. I just had to replace Nibbles eggs so i've got her date marked but it's too far away!! New Scovy babies are the cutest!

OK, time for me to finally add to this thread.
smile.png
I brought home four young scovies earlier this month for slug & bug control. They're settling in. Theo, the boy, was the only one who came with a name. I haven't gotten around to naming the girls.

Here's Theo:
uglytheo.jpg

And my personal favorite of the bunch:
daww-1.jpg

Though these two are pretty neat, too:
thegrrls.jpg

Needless to say, I'm sweetest on the girls and Theo's sweetest on me. lol

Back
Top Bottom