Muscovy keepers share your pics!

some pics i took today

possible tortora's(siver and bronze together) until now i havent been able to pick up any colour with the camera, the first lot of feathers were white with a brown line down the back of the neck, they are 16 weeks old now and moulting out, if you look carefully you can see the orange on the chest and silver on the back of the neck with some bleeping white bibbing
atortgirlcolour.jpg

atortgirlcolour2.jpg

15weekstortgirl.jpg

15weekstortboy.jpg

bronze dad
abronzedad.jpg

possible lav mum
alavmum.jpg

equals one little lonely possible black barred baby
day1.jpg

blue and sivler ducklings day 1
day1grouponhay.jpg

"pot"babies blue barred and fume barred
day1bluesandfumesinpot.jpg

some 3 week olds
33ksgroup.jpg

My odd-colored girls were hard to get a picture of when they were younger too.(not saying they're the same color as yours). They always looked all white in the pictures.

Do you have pics od adult fume birds? i'm not familiar with the color name.

Quote:

Last edited:
fume is blue and bronze at the same time, not sure where the name came from. i dont have any adults yet but on here http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Ducks/Musc/BRKScobies.html there is a picture of a wild type one but theyve called it a "smoke" coloured muscovy.

Hi,the name is from A. Taibel in Italy who described this genetic variant in year 1961. Sepia, called "Faiogeno", F gene toghether with the blue = Fumo. I have called it "Fume" (translation from fumo) and in the book poultry ang genetics (editor Crawford) called it "smoky grey". Faiogeno with peal grey(silver or double blue) called "Tortora" (by Taibel in the same report). Sepia/Faiogeno is very rare over the world but exist in few countries. For example Sweden and Australia. Fumo is even more rare and Tortora only exist in very few hands(2?) what I know. But I like yours Ian and mine of course
wink.png

"Fumo" (1 year old, drake)

Back
Top Bottom