Neighbor's dog killing my chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just likes chicken!!!! If he's a lab it's breed into him and no stopping him!

I must disagree. Just because a dog breed was developed for something does not mean "its breed into him and no stopping him!". I successfully raised rabbits for years and shared my home with a beagle. Yet, never lost a rabbit to the dog.

This is sadly a case of poor training and animal husbandry. Your neighbor needs to keep control of his animals, period. It has nothing to do with the breed.

Ok thank u. This is very helpful for the futur of this dogs life. Thank, everyone for all you knowledgable answers. I'm still not over what he did though. Every time I pass the spot. I still find my self crying my self to sleep over Buff.

Unfortunately this is often the solution ... we have some neighbors who think that, bc they live in the country their dogs can roam wherever they wish, even when they have been told there dogs are attacking and killing livestock....including out pastures and bird pens. They HAD 4 wolf/shepherd hybrids.... they have less now. Cost me about 400.00 in birds and one calf.

So sorry for your loses. I let my dogs roam but they now better then to kill livestock. They did on time get in to a cow pasture, but never touched on, the even PLAYed with the calfs. Never, never KILLed anything but my livestock.

So sorry for your loses. I let my dogs roam but they now better then to kill livestock. They did on time get in to a cow pasture, but never touched on, the even PLAYed with the calfs. Never, never KILLed anything but my livestock.

Just as an FYI - your dogs may well be found to be "harassing livestock" - which falls under the same category as injuring/killing livestock in many locales - meaning that a person catching your dogs on their property "playing" with their livestock may well be legally able to shoot and kill your dogs. Whether your dogs know not to kill livestock or not is not the issue. Also, how can you say that they know not to kill livestock when your last sentence indicates they have, in fact, killed some of your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom