Neighbor's dog killing my chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love you kennels.! I want them! Lol.

It's not hard to build. The leaner are $4 for small, $5 dollars for large corner post ones at McCoys. The roll of fencing wire was $25, and the 12 foot sticks of PVC is really cheap at Home Depot. You can use large rocks found on your property to sink under the fence line, no need to buy it. And you don't have to fence your entire property, just a dog run big enough for you dogs. The bigger you make it the better, or like me you will have to clean poop. But I have 6 dogs in that small pen. (I take them to a dog park every Sunday to run and socialize).

Do the leaners attach to the poles that hold the chain link?

The leaner sit on top of the poles like a cap does. But I used galvanized self tapping screws to hold them in place and really tighten the fencing wire. I tightened each wire individually instead of 1 long row as seen at airports and prisons. I did this for strength and tension. Any give in the wire and the dogs can squeeze through. It is also possible to use bigger PvC than I did. The man who gave me the idea used 2 inch PVC and I used 3/4. The PVC will brittle up after a several years in the sun, but is cheap enough to replace.

I would fence a certain amount of you yard you think is big enough, and put electric tape on it.... Also you should call animal control because the first time you call, they just give a warning, and the next time they will take the dog. It is just a suggestion.

ok, here is how i set up my dog pen. here is a section of fencing. the corner leaners are leaning inside the yard, in the middle of where the 2 fences meet.

here you can see how each individual section is wired, and the galvanized screw holding the leaner in position.

for the gate area, i used fencing top rail, used couplers, then screwed it down with galvanized screws again. i also used the fencing tension rods to add support to the gate top.

Hope this helps.

I would fence a certain amount of you yard you think is big enough, and put electric tape on it.... Also you should call animal control because the first time you call, they just give a warning, and the next time they will take the dog. It is just a suggestion.

It is possible to put electric on the top instead of wiring in the PVC. However i was in a rush and did it this way. maybe someday i will make the top electric, but for now, I am going to leave it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom