New rollout nest design Picture heavy-edited 1/21

@yellowchicks, Yup, that would work, too.
Personally I like a bit smaller egg doors than what you have, trying to compromise between keeping the rain and other weather out (to keep the coop dry) and getting a hand full of eggs out. ;)
Having the ramp with the angle built in is good, but I would have to have bigger egg doors to accommodate that. And as the trap will be in the coop side, I need to pull the ramp to clean through the egg door, front or back, but probably front. The single flat board on a teeter totter type pivot point, in my design, resting on a rod (crossways) is the best use of space, weight, and efficiency for my purposes. Yours is a great solution as well.
:thumbsup

Opa

My 11 year old son recently used his birthday/x-mas money (same day) to by his first lot of chickens.

I would love to build him a nest box using your design for a two nest box version.

If it's not too much trouble would you mind sending me the plans for the two box next box. It would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

We're new to chicken keeping. Building first hen house while the youngsters (oldest 2 1/2 wks) continue to grow in the 100 gal rubbermaid watering tank. I'm wondering if a subequent egg might crack the first one when it rolls down the egg ramp?

We're new to chicken keeping. Building first hen house while the youngsters (oldest 2 1/2 wks) continue to grow in the 100 gal rubbermaid watering tank. I'm wondering if a subequent egg might crack the first one when it rolls down the egg ramp?

It shouldn't if you don't have weak shells. The rabbi shouldn't be step enough or have a long enough distance for them to roll to pick up enough speed to crack

Back
Top Bottom