Red Mystery Chick

20230514_224754.jpg

Closer to 3.5 weeks. There's just a hint of redness starting to come into the base of the comb, but mostly not looking super developed next to Marshmallow.
20230514_224919.jpg
20230514_224943.jpg

Apologies for the brooder light, but I tried to get a look at the chick's posture and legs.
20230514_225633.jpg

Just a couple of bros, doing what bro chickens do...
20230514_225537.jpg

100% plotting their escape! Lol
20230514_225720.jpg

Or should I say, Jurassic Park-like escape!!!
20230514_225746.jpg

Boy chickens are scary! Haha

Not that we know for sure yet it's a boy chicken, but I'm definitely watching...

View attachment 3505817

Closer to 3.5 weeks. There's just a hint of redness starting to come into the base of the comb, but mostly not looking super developed next to Marshmallow.
View attachment 3505818View attachment 3505819
Apologies for the brooder light, but I tried to get a look at the chick's posture and legs.
View attachment 3505820
Just a couple of bros, doing what bro chickens do...
View attachment 3505821
100% plotting their escape! Lol
View attachment 3505822
Or should I say, Jurassic Park-like escape!!!
View attachment 3505823
Boy chickens are scary! Haha

Not that we know for sure yet it's a boy chicken, but I'm definitely watching...
Leaning towards pullet so far

She's a pullet. Probably a production RIR but some type of green egger is also possible.
Yeah, that's what I wasn't sure, if she could actually be an SGE like the bin was labeled, or if she's more likely a RIR that jumped the bucket... Or if there's really no way to know until she lays a (possibly green!?) egg.

May be interesting to keep her around and see what happens... :)

Yeah, that's what I wasn't sure, if she could actually be an SGE like the bin was labeled, or if she's more likely a RIR that jumped the bucket... Or if there's really no way to know until she lays a (possibly green!?) egg.

May be interesting to keep her around and see what happens... :)
If she was labeled as a starlight green egger then I would stick to that. When she lays you'll know for sure.

If she was labeled as a starlight green egger then I would stick to that. When she lays you'll know for sure.
They were supposed to be French Wheaten Marans. 😭😭😭 Surprise, surprise, the TSC employee didn't know what the heck he was talking about. Lol. I wish I had thought to tell my husband to check for the feathered feet, but it all happened so fast. I did get reimbursed for the chicks though, and only got one cockerel out of the bunch, so 🤷 haha

Like it was a combo bin of various Marans and SGEs. What could possibly go wrong!

Back
Top Bottom