Ringneck Pheasants- post your pics or questions.

Hello! I have recently bought a Ringneck Pheasant hen from one of my poultry club members that couldn't keep her. Her old owner said she is 3 months old and she recently bought her at an auction a few weeks ago and also knows not much about pheasants.
I don't know much about Pheasants, her feathers a bit lighter than photos of other pheasants; Would they molt out darker? Or is she a cinnamon hen? I don't plan to buy a rooster any time soon, she is just a pet. Please tell me your opinions ASAP!!

​Really?I thought she looked kinda buff.She does look lighter to me.
In N.H.,Tony.
After enlarging the pic and looking at various aspects of this bird, I believe she is lighter but still a ring-necked hen. True buff ring-necked birds will have very faint to no darker color spotting. Although, as you know ring-necked's have been so mixed up with every other species of true pheasants, it's possible that she may have some buff in her. Her iris is also lighter, yellowish tint, not dark brown. This leads me to believe she has another species in her ancestral past.
I've hatched many ring-neckeds in the past and some were light color but had brown irises....so I don't know, you could be right.

Wondering if anyone could help me. I wanted to know how much water had to be added to a incubator when hatching ringneck pheasants? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom