Ringneck Pheasants- post your pics or questions.

Use different containers, the volume of water does not matter it's the surface area. If more humidity is needed then add a container with a larger "mouth" so more water can evaporate into the air.

I just use a cake pan under one of my grates(for pheasants). But everyones incubator is different and the surface area and the size of the incubator have a huge impact. For some eggs I just placed some mason jars in the bator and added some and took some out until my hydrometer displayed the correct humidity. But I don't know your incubator/setup so I can't tell you exactly how much or where to place the water. It's just something you have to fidure out if you don't have a hydrometer get one it's well worth the improved hatch rates.

Angel, my 1 day old pheasant chick, who I hatched from an egg :)

They do lay blue eggs on occasion.I believe you are talking about ringnecks?
In N.H.,Tony.

I have two melanistic hens and one popped out a blue egg two days ago right in front of me. She has only been laying about once a week and they're egg eaters so I can't confirm the other eggs' color. I just wonder if all her eggs will be blue eggs or it's just a once in a while thing?

I have two melanistic hens and one popped out a blue egg two days ago right in front of me.  She has only been laying about once a week and they're egg eaters so I can't confirm the other eggs' color. I just wonder if all her eggs will be blue eggs or it's just a once in a while thing?
Yeah, I have Green melanistics and every once in awhile you'll get a blue-ish colored egg. Most of the time their a dark olive color.

How loud is a male ringneck pheasant? They are just so beautiful, I'd love to have one unless they were too loud, too aggressive to be around other species, or would over mate and harm the female pheasants. I've heard a ratio of 1 male for 2 females...

Back
Top Bottom