Saipan Jungle Fowl Thread

Yes along with other breeds. Then we started replacing (these are the pullets currently laying) some of the breeds and a darn raccoon got in the house and killed a few of our restart attempt #1… but not all. We are just now getting around to certain breeds. The asils were not part of attempt number 1

Yes along with other breeds. Then we started replacing (these are the pullets currently laying) some of the breeds and a darn raccoon got in the house and killed a few of our restart attempt #1… but not all. We are just now getting around to certain breeds. The asils were not part of attempt number 1
I don't understand why anyone would want to steal your birds.

Raccoons are pains.

B41AC71E-A95A-4E67-A9B7-9F605DCC27BA.jpeg

The boys

Quote:

I couldnt say for sure or not if the story is true, but if there is no earlier info and it cant be proven wrong it might as well be accepted as the truth. Even in the middle of the war he would have had time there not constantly in battle there is quite a bit of down time and besides not everyone carrys a gun some are mechanics, doctors maybe he worked in communications and sat in a room the whole time, even if he was a grunt he still woulda had time to collect a few chickens. Ive seen alot of stuff people have brought back from ww2 so a chicken wouldnt surprise me. My other gdad was a pilot so I would think he coulda brought back a whole plane fulla chickens
lol.png
But this story does remind me of another one that I know to be fact. A guy I know that fought in vietnam and he actually fought in the jungle with an m16 in his hands, he brought back tarantulas that he found in the jungle presumably while on duty and now the only available spiders of that breed are ancestors of the ones he brought back. To bad it would be hard to find out the truth, anyone know the # to mythbusters.
tongue.png
I know this is an ancient post but my grandfather in the Vietnam war managed to bring back a monkey for my father when he was a child. I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone could handle getting some chickens

Back
Top Bottom