Saipan Jungle Fowl Thread

Pics
Are you breeding from all these hens or growing them for selection. I see 2 extremly nice girls from what anyone can tell from pictures. Good luck with your dedication.

A few years ago when I looked into this breed, there was somebody near me in Michigan, maybe in Coldwater, having saipans and some other orientals, I believe. Longshot, but anybody know who that might have been?

To put an end to the questioning of the Saylor story, it is 100 percent true. I am in no way a chicken expert, but I am BW Saylor's granddaughter. I grew up hearing the story from him and playing with the chicks on our farm. I have recently become interested in raising chickens and decided to do some research. Naturally I looked up my grandpa's story first (not expecting to find much) and I am thrilled with the results! I had no idea there was such a following (sorry folks, I was born in the city, chickens and the purity of their breeding is not the usual topic of conversation). I am meeting with my dad (BW's son) later to get more information and will share when I can. I will dig around for some pictures and share those as well. This thread has been incredibly informative and has definitely sparked my interest to learn more!

Please bring on the pictures. This sounds like its going to be very educational.

What happen to Saylor's granddaughter. Gave us a little information then nothing.

Back
Top Bottom